The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Will I fail my module?

Hi, I go to the University of Westminster.
So I have a presentation for coursework and I don't think I will be able to attend. Will this mean that I will automatically fail the module or have another chance to redo it?
Original post by Anonymous
So I have a presentation for coursework and I don't think I will be able to attend. Will this mean that I will automatically fail the module or have another chance to redo it?

I mean I didn't go to this university, but if you have a valid reason and you can back up why you can't be there; and tell your lecturers. You should be able to rearrange to do it at a later date
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there

If you don't attend the presentation for coursework and it counts toward your module mark then you will need to submit a mitigating circumstances form. You will need to have a reason why you can't attend the presentation and have proof/evidence to support your claim. For example if you are out of the country or if you are in hospital. If your mitigating circumstances are approved by the panel you can retake the presentation without penalty on your grades. If you don't have a valid reason why you are missing the presentation then you will be penalised on your grade. You will have the opportunity re-sit the presentation but will only be awarded the minimum grade of 40%.

You will only fail the module if you exhaust all your opportunities to resit and still don't meet the required grade to pass. If your module also includes an exam or a written piece of work you may still be able to pass the module. It really depends on the module and how the assessment is made up for that module.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending