The Student Room Group

Brexit Party's Racist comments

Brexit is so confusing now, I pretty much don't know where to start, someone from itv went with hidden cameras and talked to Farage's party and found secret racists who promote diversity but basically made verbal hate comments on multiculturalism and nearly every race. How ignorant are these people? We have an immigration issue, not a cultural one and no race is to fault for a single persons action. Whats your views?
Original post by PrazzPrazz
Brexit is so confusing now, I pretty much don't know where to start, someone from itv went with hidden cameras and talked to Farage's party and found secret racists who promote diversity but basically made verbal hate comments on multiculturalism and nearly every race. How ignorant are these people? We have an immigration issue, not a cultural one and no race is to fault for a single persons action. Whats your views?

You are overthinking it.
They arent in power.
Racists will always find somewhere to congregate.
If you are to believe all the stories then Labour are anti semitic inlcuding all the supporters, Cons are islamaphobic and Brexit party or UKIP are just racists.

Not sure everyone would agree with you on the last part of your post. Life goes on.
Personally, I believe some people voted for Brexit to end the free movement of people and "control" the flow of immigration to the UK. The fact that a UKIP leaflet sent while the referendum was being held focused on how Brexit can stop "dangerous" immigrants coming in is proof of what sort of people are in the party. They'll never be openly racist but their policies and beliefs will hint at it.
Original post by 999tigger
You are overthinking it.
They arent in power.
Racists will always find somewhere to congregate.
If you are to believe all the stories then Labour are anti semitic inlcuding all the supporters, Cons are islamaphobic and Brexit party or UKIP are just racists.

Not sure everyone would agree with you on the last part of your post. Life goes on.

Sometimes issues are exaggerated but many are actually worse than we think.
Reply 4
I agree, I think yes some people genuinely want safer stricter immigration policies to benefit everyone, we dont want to jeopardise each others livelihood by letting other nations but there are some secret and private racists who only have one intention;

Original post by Gundabad(good)
Sometimes issues are exaggerated but many are actually worse than we think. i feel like yes so
I agree, I think yes some people genuinely want safer stricter immigration policies to benefit everyone, we dont want to jeopardise each others livelihood by letting other nations but there are some secret and private racists who only have one intention;

You make it sound that letting immigrants in will endanger our lives.
Reply 6
Original post by Gundabad(good)
You make it sound that letting immigrants in will endanger our lives.

Uhm that would be hypocritcal as my parents immigrated here as students? No I meant stricter security systems and all. When I went to France this year on a coach of 15 people they only checked 2 bags out of maybe 30. It doesn't matter what race you are, its about the safety.
Uhm that would be hypocritcal as my parents immigrated here as students? No I meant stricter security systems and all. When I went to France this year on a coach of 15 people they only checked 2 bags out of maybe 30. It doesn't matter what race you are, its about the safety.

Yes but are your parents white and European? Not an SJW but as a Tory supporter, I support immigration in all forms as long as there is an economic benefit to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending