The Student Room Group

Pgde how many days in uni? Teacher training

I know it’s a full time course, but on the weeks you are actually in uni how many hours / days are you actually on campus ?
I will need to travel quite far from my children for the weeks it’s in uni and wondering for an idea to see if it’s possible

Thanks guys
Hi not answering your question but I wanna be a teacher and see your doing a pgce. I feel like it is the safer thing to do but was just wondering what u did for your undergrad degree
Original post by Student1991t
I know it’s a full time course, but on the weeks you are actually in uni how many hours / days are you actually on campus ?
I will need to travel quite far from my children for the weeks it’s in uni and wondering for an idea to see if it’s possible

Thanks guys

Generally, I am in university every day. There have been a couple of occasions where I haven't needed to - one was due to it being 'make up days for placement'. This was if you had any time off during placement, you were expected to make up the days and those of us that didn't need to, didn't need to go in. However, when I am in, they are normally full days.

Last year, my uni had 9am-6pm as the time you need to be in. However, this year for my cohort, it is roughly 9 - 4:15 although occasionally, we have to stay until 6pm. Although, every university is different so this might not be the case at the university that you are planning to go to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending