The Student Room Group

Sixthform

Hi I just found out that Ive been predicted a 3 in GCSE History.I got a 5 in my November Mocks and have just been given a predicted 3 in GCSE History.My predicted in History before was a 3.Sureley my prediction should be at least a 4.Is it just me or does my History teacher for some reason have a vendetta against me studying the subject at A level.Advice is greatly appreciated.
Predictions are just an indication
Why would they have a vendetta?
The outcome of your exam is down to you.
Depends how hard you want to work
The reason it's so important for is as i need at least a 4 in History to study it at sixthform.I dont understand as i have consistently got 3s and 4s in GCSE English Literature but have been given a 5.Why then would my prediction not change in spite of having achieved a 5 in GCSE mock exam?
Original post by education44383
Hi I just found out that Ive been predicted a 3 in GCSE History.I got a 5 in my November Mocks and have just been given a predicted 3 in GCSE History.My predicted in History before was a 3.Sureley my prediction should be at least a 4.Is it just me or does my History teacher for some reason have a vendetta against me studying the subject at A level.Advice is greatly appreciated.

If they gave you a predicted grade of a 5 or 4, I doubt you will work as hard? Now that you've received a grade 3 you see how important it is to get good grades. Have you received grade 3s before?
Reply 4
gcse predictions don't matter
Motivation aside I need a 4 to study it at A level so am confused how its possible that i can get a Grade 5 and be 8 marks of a 6 in my medicine through time exam (the topic i find hardest) and my consistent Grade 3 predicted grade does not change even by 1?
Original post by education44383
Motivation aside I need a 4 to study it at A level so am confused how its possible that i can get a Grade 5 and be 8 marks of a 6 in my medicine through time exam (the topic i find hardest) and my consistent Grade 3 predicted grade does not change even by 1?

Talk to your teachers if you're unsure, they will know more than us!
It doesn’t really matter. As long as you get a good grade in the real exam, you can still do it at A level

Quick Reply

Latest