The Student Room Group

Should I go to Greenhead college, Dixons sixth form ?

I want to go to Greenhead but it takes around 1 and a half hours by bus and 30 min by car so I was wondering if this would disrupt my studies too much, if anyone goes to this school and lives far away from it can you tell me how your experience was, did you get too exhausted travelling their everyday? Did it disrupt your studies? Also if anyone's a GHC student from a non-local partner school what GCSE grades did you get/what predicted grades did you give them. I want to study Medicine (or maybe dentistry but I haven't fully figured out what I want to do yet) in the future and do Alevel chem, bio & Eng Lit so which sixth form would be best for me. Any information about these sixthforms would be useful. I've been to the GHC opening evening but I also want to hear other people's opinions, experience, information etc on it.
Should I go to Dixons instead since it takes like half the time for me to get to there than to get to GHC, I don't know much about it so any information about it would be useful
Original post by Anonymous
I want to go to Greenhead but it takes around 1 and a half hours by bus and 30 min by car so I was wondering if this would disrupt my studies too much, if anyone goes to this school and lives far away from it can you tell me how your experience was, did you get too exhausted travelling their everyday? Did it disrupt your studies? Also if anyone's a GHC student from a non-local partner school what GCSE grades did you get/what predicted grades did you give them. I want to study Medicine (or maybe dentistry but I haven't fully figured out what I want to do yet) in the future and do Alevel chem, bio & Eng Lit so which sixth form would be best for me. Any information about these sixthforms would be useful. I've been to the GHC opening evening but I also want to hear other people's opinions, experience, information etc on it.
Should I go to Dixons instead since it takes like half the time for me to get to there than to get to GHC, I don't know much about it so any information about it would be useful

Check the reviews online by ofsted to see if it is at least 'good'.
1hr 30 minute may be a bit much, try see nearby sixth forms I guess, if that's the earliest you can get then that's okay.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi, I'm a current year 12 Student at Greenhead College and I'd honestly advise you not to join Greenhead College. Although Greenhead has a massive reputation for being one of the best sixthform colleges nationally there is a ton of pressure put on you by relevant bodies such as Teachers specifically. Essentially I've noticed this year that if you don't do well the teachers won't help you along the way but just leave you there to fail even more if you don't work independently. Greenhead isn't worth travelling for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending