The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Penguin133
I'm dreading not getting the grades... but then I think about the amount of work I did for the exams and that helps alleviate the dread :biggrin: Still ******* scared though :frown:

aren't we all...:smile:
Sam Rawlings
Well good luck with your university and hope you get what you need. Thanks for the reassurance too, it is making me feel better. It's just i've been brought up to consistently fulfil my full potential so i know it sounds dumb but im more worried about my results for the sake of my parents rather than for the sake of myself.

Trust me, you will be fine. Stop worrying! Even if you fail - lets say you completly bomb and get UUUUU (which is not going to happen) then what's the worst that happens? You don't go to uni in 2009, you either retake, get a job or change to a college apprenticeship course (like plumbing). Either way, 25 years down the line, whether you fail or not, you'll still be in a decent job with a family and a house - If you want it enough.

Now, why can't I take my own advice?!
Dreading.

Either I've done well and got AAA and so I can reapply for medicine (very unlikely, like 10% chance)

Or I've done well (relatively) but not well enough to reapply, eg I got AAB. So I'll have to do a biology degree, which to be honest, I'm not that keen on.

Or I've just completely ****ed up, but I don't think I'll get UUU...it didn't go that badly.

So basically I'm dreading it, because it probably means I have to do a degree I don't really want to do.
kiss_me_now9
Trust me, you will be fine. Stop worrying! Even if you fail - lets say you completly bomb and get UUUUU (which is not going to happen) then what's the worst that happens? You don't go to uni in 2009, you either retake, get a job or change to a college apprenticeship course (like plumbing). Either way, 25 years down the line, whether you fail or not, you'll still be in a decent job with a family and a house - If you want it enough.

Now, why can't I take my own advice?!

Lol yeah it's easier said than done isn't it. I always give people handy advice but i never go by my own tips.
To be honest, i don't know how i'm feeling...i feel as if i can't think about it, because if i do i will just worry...but pfft. I'm just random i guess!
Is it possible for someone who got A at AS to bring that down to a U...how badly would that persons A2s have to be?..Im ****ting it!
desmondmac
Is it possible for someone who got A at AS to bring that down to a U...how badly would that persons A2s have to be?..Im ****ting it!

I suppose it's possible but you would have to like literally hit rock bottom and get 0 UMS points etc (or maybe low U's in all your papers).
desmondmac

No. An A at AS is 240/300. Even if they got 0 in all their A2 exams, their final mark would be 240/600, ie 40%, which is scraping an E. So your final a level mark would be an E. Depends if you really call that a pass though...

Sam Rawlings

I suppose it's possible but you would have to like literally hit rock bottom and get 0 UMS points etc (or maybe low U's in all your papers).

Yet another useful piece of advice from you? Jesus H...:rolleyes:
Democracy
No. An A at AS is 240/300. Even if they got 0 in all their A2 exams, their final mark would be 240/600, ie 40%, which is scraping an E. So your final a level mark would be an E. Depends if you really call that a pass though...

Yet another useful piece of advice from you? Jesus H...:rolleyes:

Is that a sense of sarcasm there?
Sam Rawlings
Is that a sense of sarcasm there?

No, it's telling you to stop spreading misinformation, like you were doing in the medicine forum earlier.
Jeez your as bas as River85. I was only trying to help. Sorry for not being perfect!
Democracy
No, it's telling you to stop spreading misinformation, like you were doing in the medicine forum earlier.

Oh and how was i spreading misinformation earlier. I don't actually recall being on that forum.
I notice you're a psychology applicant. I know nothing about what your course involves (other than it's not a science, and can't be counted as such for medical school, as you know too :wink:). I don't presume to tell you about what to expect in it, so why should you do that to medical applicants?

Oh and how was i spreading misinformation earlier. I don't actually recall being on that forum.

Umm it was in the A level poll thread, when you were going on about how maths would be a useful subject for a medical applicant.
Wow i feel the love. Well you both helped..and said the same things. Democracy was just a bit more technical i guess. Fanks. (to ya both)
:rolleyes:
Democracy
I notice you're a psychology applicant. I know nothing about what your course involves (other than it's not a science, and can't be counted as such for medical school, as you know too :wink:). I don't presume to tell you about what to expect in it, so why should you do that to medical applicants?

Umm it was in the A level poll thread, when you were going on about how maths would be a useful subject for a medical applicant.

What by saying that i think its best to study biology, chemistry, physics and maths? That's my opinion i wasn't presenting it as fact! So i don't think you can hardly class that as spreading unreliable information. Oh and for you information psychology tends to be classed as a science.:rolleyes:
I find it funny that I was so worried about AS last year and GCSE the year before, and I thought they would be the be all and end all.....and now I really am at the be all and end all. :frown:

No retakes left now, these grades decide where I am LIVING next year...I can't quite believe it. :s-smilie:

:puke:
Sam Rawlings
:rolleyes:
What by saying that i think its best to study biology, chemistry, physics and maths? That's my opinion i wasn't presenting it as fact! So i don't think you can hardly class that as spreading unreliable information. Oh and for you information psychology tends to be classed as a science.:rolleyes:

You're a grade A tool.

Psychology may be a science. But not by medical schools. You said it could be used to get into medical schools, as a requisite science, which is false.
*Fool'sGold*
I find it funny that I was so worried about AS last year and GCSE the year before, and I thought they would be the be all and end all.....and now I really am at the be all and end all. :frown:

No retakes left now, these grades decide where I am LIVING next year...I can't quite believe it. :s-smilie:

:puke:

What grades are you wanting and where do you want to study?
Sam Rawlings
What grades are you wanting and where do you want to study?

I need AAB, and I want to go to Durham. :woo:
Democracy
You're a grade A tool.

Psychology may be a science. But not by medical schools. You said it could be used to get into medical schools, as a requisite science, which is false.

Actually, a few people have said in there that psychology would be useful for if you want to go and study medicine plus my psychology teacher has also mentioned it. I never said it could be used as a required science i think you may have got the wrong end of the stick.

And what do you mean by me being a 'grade A tool?' - is that another pne of your patronising, sarcastic comments?

Latest