The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Staffordshire University, stoke accommodation parking

So I’ve been looking around and haven’t really found a clear answer on the parking situation, I’ve applied for this uni and hoping to get in, if I do I want to be in the leek road halls accommodation but I want to take my car so I can easily get back home at weekends if I need to (Ik I could get public transport but I want to be able to pick up friends and it also seems a waste to not be using my car when paying for insurance etc. Also I’m worried about not having money to spare for public transport, it’s easier to control with my car and I’d probably have to pay for taxis as I live pretty out the way).

So from what I’ve found you need a parking permit which is completely fair enough but Is there separate parking for people living in accommodation? If my car is going to be there permanently with me I’d want it to be pretty close by to keep an eye on it so was wondering if anyone can use the parking by accommodation or if it’s just for those living there?

I’ve read on the website that you can bring your car when you start at the uni but then need to apply for a permit but I just wanted to know how that works for people living in who want to keep there car there, I understand people who have to travel in should get priority for parking but yeah it’d be nice if I could keep my car nearby but I’m assuming it doesn’t work like that ahhh.
Original post by Jess.1819
So I’ve been looking around and haven’t really found a clear answer on the parking situation, I’ve applied for this uni and hoping to get in, if I do I want to be in the leek road halls accommodation but I want to take my car so I can easily get back home at weekends if I need to (Ik I could get public transport but I want to be able to pick up friends and it also seems a waste to not be using my car when paying for insurance etc. Also I’m worried about not having money to spare for public transport, it’s easier to control with my car and I’d probably have to pay for taxis as I live pretty out the way).

So from what I’ve found you need a parking permit which is completely fair enough but Is there separate parking for people living in accommodation? If my car is going to be there permanently with me I’d want it to be pretty close by to keep an eye on it so was wondering if anyone can use the parking by accommodation or if it’s just for those living there?

I’ve read on the website that you can bring your car when you start at the uni but then need to apply for a permit but I just wanted to know how that works for people living in who want to keep there car there, I understand people who have to travel in should get priority for parking but yeah it’d be nice if I could keep my car nearby but I’m assuming it doesn’t work like that ahhh.

Hi @Jess.1819
Thanks for posting. It's worth contacting our parking team direct on [email protected] - They will be able to advise whether it's possible to get specific parking spaces near to your accommodation.
Best wishes^SK
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi @Jess.1819
Thanks for posting. It's worth contacting our parking team direct on [email protected] - They will be able to advise whether it's possible to get specific parking spaces near to your accommodation.
Best wishes^SK

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending