The Student Room Group

Why would Corbyn want to repeal the Fixed Term Parliament Act?

I've been told this was one of his policies but I don't know the reasons, thank you :smile:
I dont think Corbyn holds the power to do this, I would not think he would be overly bothered now anyway.

The reason I think the fixed term parliament act is on borrowed time is because I think the Conservatives or labour (if they had a majority) would not want their PM to be held prisoner in an administration unable to govern, as Boris Johnson was last year.

I think the FTPA has proved itself to be totally unworkable in 2019, I do not think it would matter who won power, borris or Jeremy, the FTPA will soon be scrapped.
Reply 2
Original post by Burton Bridge
I dont think Corbyn holds the power to do this, I would not think he would be overly bothered now anyway.

The reason I think the fixed term parliament act is on borrowed time is because I think the Conservatives or labour (if they had a majority) would not want their PM to be held prisoner in an administration unable to govern, as Boris Johnson was last year.

I think the FTPA has proved itself to be totally unworkable in 2019, I do not think it would matter who won power, borris or Jeremy, the FTPA will soon be scrapped.

Thank you very much for your help!! :biggrin:
Original post by liaente
Thank you very much for your help!! :biggrin:

Welcome mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending