The Student Room Group

Turnitin Advice

Hi

My uni has just started using turnitin to give feedback. We used to get our essays back in paper form.

Anyway, I've just had my first essay back on turnitin and there four comments throughout recommending my word choice was wrong and I pick up a thesaurus!

Is this turnitin saying these things on its own or is this my professor marking that I've made the wrong word choice? Does anyone know turnitin well enough to say?

To be honest if it is my tutor I'm a bit cut up about it.
Turnitin will not give you that feedback, as it just comments on similarity/plagiarism. That feedback is from ur prof.
Original post by Yeahwhat
Turnitin will not give you that feedback, as it just comments on similarity/plagiarism. That feedback is from ur prof.

It's the same thing each time. 'wc' written next to the word and then saying "word choice errors are to result of not paying attention or trying to come up with a fancy word when a simply one is appropriate" and then suggesting using a thesaurus.

Do you really think it is my prof and not turnitin writing that? If so, I'm actually kinda upset. It seems a bit cutting and cruel to have done it four times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending