The Student Room Group

Would it be weird to live in halls as a 26 year old?

That's how old I'll be when I hopefully start uni. I'm quite immature for my age tbh - not to mention I still look like a teenager - but I still feel like there's a lot of difference between 26 and 18. I also don't go clubbing or enjoy large parties or anything like that (small gatherings are fine I'm just an introvert), always hated nights out, so with all this in mind will I be left out if I decide to live in halls?
Original post by GalaxyTruffle
That's how old I'll be when I hopefully start uni. I'm quite immature for my age tbh - not to mention I still look like a teenager - but I still feel like there's a lot of difference between 26 and 18. I also don't go clubbing or enjoy large parties or anything like that (small gatherings are fine I'm just an introvert), always hated nights out, so with all this in mind will I be left out if I decide to live in halls?

Might be worth investigating whether your university has postgraduate halls as they sometimes allow mature undergraduate students to live there as well. When I lived in postgrad halls it was a lot quieter than undergrad but we still had a lot of events like pizza parties in the common room and everyone would meet up and go to the pub together.
I would second asking to live in postgrad halls.
Original post by LeapingLucy
I would second asking to live in postgrad halls.

Thanks, I actually wasn't aware this was an option. But then I also wanted to be surrounded by people who are in the same uni year as me. I know we won't necessarily be on the same course or anything but I want to share the experience with the people I live with if that makes sense.
Well I'm 24 and planning to live in halls... so I hope not :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending