The Student Room Group

BTEC / City

My daughter has been offered a place for the Animal Management Course (Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Animal Management) for one year then continuing for a further year to receive extended qualification. I am currently trying to see how she can then progress to University after completion of the 2 year course. Whilst she in unsure of her progression she is hoping at this stage for University and has considered Zoology/Conservation, if I look at Zoology Uni courses I can see a lot of universities are asking for
Original post by rebecca evill
My daughter has been offered a place for the Animal Management Course (Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Animal Management) for one year then continuing for a further year to receive extended qualification. I am currently trying to see how she can then progress to University after completion of the 2 year course. Whilst she in unsure of her progression she is hoping at this stage for University and has considered Zoology/Conservation, if I look at Zoology Uni courses I can see a lot of universities are asking for

Your post is incomplete.
The entrance requirements will be on the uni pages.
Animal management is quite niche, so I suspect some unis may accept it and others may not.
If you update and post back then we can see what your actual questions were going to be .

The key will be to look at entrance requirements and where you arent sure , then ask the uni admissions.
Apologies! The full post should read.....
My daughter has been offered a place for the Animal Management Course (higher level) starting Sep 20 (grade dependant - majority currently expected between 7's & 8's). I am currently trying to see how she can then progress to University after completion of the 2 year course. Whilst she is unsure of her progression she is hoping at this stage for University and has considered Zoology/Conservation, if I look at Zoology Uni courses I can see a lot of universities are asking for "Pearson BTEC level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)" if not A Levels (she does not wish to do A Levels, she particularly wants to do the course she has secured). I also note there is often an entry option with an Access to HE Diploma, the college course is a City & Guilds so I am a little confused, would completion of this 2 year course give her the Access to HE Diploma? TIA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending