The Student Room Group

How to revise research methods?

My next and final set of mocks are in the first week of March. I have 4 weeks to revise (not ideal) and I really, really want to smash these ones. I did quite well in my January mocks; I got an A* in paper 1 and A overall. HOWEVER, I did reaaaaaally badly on research methods. Like really badly. Part of this is because the teacher who taught us research methods didn’t teach it very well. But I also just find research methods really hard to grasp for some reason.

Are there any specific techniques I can use to get better at research methods? As I said, I don’t really have long. And “practise” just doesn’t seem to be helping. Also, any advice on mathematical content would be great as well (as I’m also sh*t at this.) Thanks!
Original post by camcole44
My next and final set of mocks are in the first week of March. I have 4 weeks to revise (not ideal) and I really, really want to smash these ones. I did quite well in my January mocks; I got an A* in paper 1 and A overall. HOWEVER, I did reaaaaaally badly on research methods. Like really badly. Part of this is because the teacher who taught us research methods didn’t teach it very well. But I also just find research methods really hard to grasp for some reason.

Are there any specific techniques I can use to get better at research methods? As I said, I don’t really have long. And “practise” just doesn’t seem to be helping. Also, any advice on mathematical content would be great as well (as I’m also sh*t at this.) Thanks!

Look for other text books which may easier to grasp (try ebay). Do you have a public library locally. Search the internet to see what's available and in particular try You Tube.

If you find a subject difficult to learn/revise try another learning method e.g. visualisation.

Good Luck
RM is quite a broad spectrum. Could you be more specific i.e. understanding p-values or what method to use. I should be able to help if so :smile:
Original post by Noodlzzz
RM is quite a broad spectrum. Could you be more specific i.e. understanding p-values or what method to use. I should be able to help if so :smile:

The vast majority if I’m honest haha, but specifically 12 mark “design a study” questions. And the chi-squared statistical test. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply