The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer (2020 thread)

There are so many threads and they're all muddled from previous years. So I thought I'd start a new one for this year so people can post current updates.

I applied May 19 for BFAO (although they've called it Project Aug now) and after months of being on the reserve list, I finally received a provisional offer three weeks ago. I completed the forms for SC and passed. I received an email a few days ago saying that someone will get in contact to confirm my start date or to let me know what will happen next.

Has anyone been through this yet? Or is anyone in the same position as I am? I would like to know how long it will take for them to get back to me. It's incredibly frustrating having to wait so long for things to move forward. Especially as they seem to keep moving my location and have no clue what is going on or where I'll be.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe ring and ask about your situation
I haven’t got a phone number for them
They dont have a phone number, you have to email them and they will provide you with a generic response with no update they are useless.
Yeah I’ve noticed. It’s so bad, leaving everyone waiting for months on end with no answers
Reply 5
Did anyone have there interview last week in Bristol. I had mine on 20/02 and just wanted some feedback on how everyone got on
Reply 6
I received the same email as well and replied requesting a point of contact. As a result, I was told that Unfortunately all start dates are linked to training which has currently been suspended due to COVI-19.” In this light, I think we will hear from them as soon as the coronavirus pandemic abates.
Reply 7
Original post by vanessawozny
There are so many threads and they're all muddled from previous years. So I thought I'd start a new one for this year so people can post current updates.

I applied May 19 for BFAO (although they've called it Project Aug now) and after months of being on the reserve list, I finally received a provisional offer three weeks ago. I completed the forms for SC and passed. I received an email a few days ago saying that someone will get in contact to confirm my start date or to let me know what will happen next.

Has anyone been through this yet? Or is anyone in the same position as I am? I would like to know how long it will take for them to get back to me. It's incredibly frustrating having to wait so long for things to move forward. Especially as they seem to keep moving my location and have no clue what is going on or where I'll be.

I received the same email as well and replied to it requesting a point of contact. As a result, I was told that Unfortunately all start dates are linked to training which has currently been suspended due to COVI-19.” In this light, I think we will hear from them as soon as the coronavirus pandemic abates.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Bguiidy
I received the same email as well and replied to it requesting a point of contact. As a result, I was told that Unfortunately all start dates are linked to training which has currently been suspended due to COVI-19.” In this light, I think we will hear from them as soon as the coronavirus pandemic abates.

It’s just so frustrating. I had someone call me early March asking if I’m still interested and that they would email me the same day with more information regarding start dates. Ever since that phone call it’s gone cold, no email received either. Hopefully things do pick up quick after all this pandemic stuff is over
Reply 9
It’s just so frustrating. I had someone call me early March asking if I’m still interested and that they would email me the same day with more information regarding start dates. Ever since that phone call it’s gone cold, no email received either. Hopefully things do pick up quick after all this pandemic stuff is over

It really is frustrating especially, when you have not been provided with a point of contact. I’m sure we will hear from them by the first or second week of next month.
Original post by Bguiidy
It really is frustrating especially, when you have not been provided with a point of contact. I’m sure we will hear from them by the first or second week of next month.

Fingers crossed, keep me updated with how things go
Reply 11

I have just been in touch with my Point of Contact to find out whether a partial relaxation of some lockdown measures will result in us being given a start date and i was told that, candidate who had already been given start dates have still joined Border Force during this period and will be placed on the first round of training as soon as the pandemic abates. However, this will not be until at least some time in June. Once dates are advertised, they will contact everyone giving a minimum of four weeks’ notice.
Reply 12

I have just been in touch with my Point of Contact to find out whether a partial relaxation of some lockdown measures will result in us being given a start date and i was told that, candidate who had already been given start dates have still joined Border Force during this period and will be placed on the first round of training as soon as the pandemic abates. However, this will not be until at least some time in June. Once dates are advertised, they will contact everyone giving a minimum of four weeks’ notice.
Original post by Bguiidy

Ok well at least that’s a start to something. Hopefully it doesn’t keep getting dragged on for much longer. Thanks for the update
Hey has anyone had an update? I’m on reserve for Belfast with no contact since
Reply 15
Hi, I received an email today 10/6/20... (for RTF Officer position - closing date 22/5/20) It said that I had met the required standard but could not be offered an interview at this time, the application has been placed on hold. I therefore, find myself in 'limbo' again lol. Has anyone else received a similar message? I'm not sure if I've been selected as a back-up candidate or if everyones getting this message due to the pandemic? Cheers
Reply 16
Original post by Stferr
Hi, I received an email today 10/6/20... (for RTF Officer position - closing date 22/5/20) It said that I had met the required standard but could not be offered an interview at this time, the application has been placed on hold. I therefore, find myself in 'limbo' again lol. Has anyone else received a similar message? I'm not sure if I've been selected as a back-up candidate or if everyones getting this message due to the pandemic? Cheers

Hello, I have also received the same email. I think it is due to Covid that training can’t go ahead atm and therefore interviews been pushed back.
Reply 17
Original post by Stferr

My husband received an email today saying he passed the sift and will be invited to interview when a position becomes available in chosen location. Not sure how long that will be 🤷🏻*♀️
Reply 18
Original post by Tay118
Hello, I have also received the same email. I think it is due to Covid that training can’t go ahead atm and therefore interviews been pushed back.

Positive news to hear you had the same email, sounds as though Amyj722's husband might have had a similar email to us also.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 19
I also had an email stating the same, saying I had met the required standard but cannot he offered an interview immediately so will be placed on hold and offered an interview when and if they are able.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending