The Student Room Group

Higher Human Biology Assignment

I'm doing the serial position effect for my higher human biology assignement this year, my variable is visual and auditory. For my experiment, I made up two visual lists of 20 words (so the participants would remember them visually) and two lists auditory (the participants would listen to the words.

However, I really need a B or above this year and so I'm struggling with my aim, how much information I need to include in the underlying biology, whether the number of people recalling each word is considered as raw data and what the dependant/independant variables are. Thanks so much.
Reply 1
I never did human biology however I did manage to get 25/30 for my advanced biology project and what I’d say Is that the independent variable is what you change and the dependent variable is the one being changed or altered by the experiment, it’s the thing you want to find out or measure . And also for underlying biology it doesn’t need to bucket loads of writing it just needs to cover all the biology related only to your subject and nothing more.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Shamdog
I never did human biology however I did manage to get 25/30 for my advanced biology project and what I’d say Is that the independent variable is what you change and the dependent variable is the one being changed or altered by the experiment, it’s the thing you want to find out or measure . And also for underlying biology it doesn’t need to bucket loads of writing it just needs to cover all the biology related only to your subject and nothing more.

Hope that helps :smile:

That's a really good mark! Thank you that helped a lot :smile:
Reply 3
Is the aim “to investigate whether visual and auditory word recall has an impact on the serial position effect” suitable? Both dependant and independent variables need to be mentioned
Reply 4
I believe so
Reply 5
Beside the internet data, I need to provide a citation (not a reference). I need to cite right beside the internet data and reference at the end of the report. I’m wondering what is the best way to provide a citation?
Reply 6
Original post by alishakowol
Beside the internet data, I need to provide a citation (not a reference). I need to cite right beside the internet data and reference at the end of the report. I’m wondering what is the best way to provide a citation?

It’s usually the authors last Name and the year the publication was posted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending