The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Offer Holders 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by E2001NL
I have met my conditions for my offer and UCAS has been updated. Should I still expect official formal confirmation from LSE by email? Can I already reject my other Uni offers?

Surely if you’ve firmed LSE then you’ve already automatically rejected your other uni offers (unless you’re taking about non-UK universities?)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by LeapingLucy
Surely if you’ve firmed LSE then you’ve already automatically rejected your other uni offers (unless you’re taking about non-UK universities?)

Yeh I'm talking about non-UK universities. Is it normal that LSE still sends a formal email confirming?
Original post by E2001NL
Yeh I'm talking about non-UK universities. Is it normal that LSE still sends a formal email confirming?

I can't personally recall getting a formal email from LSE, though procedures might have changed since I applied.
Reply 423
Hi guys, I am an offer holder who has met all conditions apart from the English requirement. I have done the IELTS and got all sections above 7.0 (the minimum required in every section) apart from the writing section, where I got 6.5. I then proceeded to do the TOEFL iBt home twice but both times it didn't go that well because of the speaking part (you know, speaking to a computer is not as simple as speaking to someone).
Now that all langague centres are closed, should I attempt again to get the scores? Or should I send both qualifications (toefl and ielts) pray that they still give me a place?
Reply 424
Original post by mngfrn
Hi guys, I am an offer holder who has met all conditions apart from the English requirement. I have done the IELTS and got all sections above 7.0 (the minimum required in every section) apart from the writing section, where I got 6.5. I then proceeded to do the TOEFL iBt home twice but both times it didn't go that well because of the speaking part (you know, speaking to a computer is not as simple as speaking to someone).
Now that all langague centres are closed, should I attempt again to get the scores? Or should I send both qualifications (toefl and ielts) pray that they still give me a place?

Please contact the Undergraduate Admissions team ([email protected]) as soon as possible to discuss your circumstances. As detailed on the FAQ page, "If you cannot provide certified documentation of a recognised English language qualification, we will not be able to confirm your place at the School. If you cannot meet this deadline for any reason, it is important that you inform us before 7 September 2020."
Reply 425
I would like to know when overseas students can receive the CAS number as we would need to arrange the student visa application well
In advance. Thanks.
I'm an incoming final year student at LSE, and as far as I'm concerned LSE won't issue the CAS number not until your A Level results are released, so you should wait until mid-August and then only apply for visa. There is time between mid-august and September, so everything should and would be fine.
Reply 427
thx, becos I m IB student with an unconditional offer attained in early July, so I expect it would be earlier.
Hi! I have marginally missed my LSE economics offer. I scored 42 points in IB 7,6,6 in my higher levels but missed a 7 in Mathematics HL. Will I get to know if I got in or not on the A level results day itself or will it take more time for LSE to make a final decision on my application?
Reply 429
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I have marginally missed my LSE economics offer. I scored 42 points in IB 7,6,6 in my higher levels but missed a 7 in Mathematics HL. Will I get to know if I got in or not on the A level results day itself or will it take more time for LSE to make a final decision on my application?

Our confirmation period takes place between mid to late August. Final decisions will be made during this time.

I'm already a current student here at the LSE, and as far as I'm concerned, if the programme strictly requires a 7 in Maths HL, then undergraduates that get accepted at the end are students that have gained a 7 in Maths.
@LeapingLucy I have a question regarding LSE halls. In the self catered halls, are we allowed to keep any of the following items in our rooms: mini fridge, electrical hot plate/microwave, coffeemaker/kettle and rice cooker? I am not considering all of them but just want to know if we are allowed to bring any of the items.
Reply 432
Hi! I have met the conditions to my offer and I sent the last pending qualification last Friday. However, I am still waiting for a confirmation from LSE. Should I call the admission office and ask? @LSE
Reply 433
@LeapingLucy I have a question regarding LSE halls. In the self catered halls, are we allowed to keep any of the following items in our rooms: mini fridge, electrical hot plate/microwave, coffeemaker/kettle and rice cooker? I am not considering all of them but just want to know if we are allowed to bring any of the items.

Cooking in bedrooms and common areas is not allowed. Hot plates, toasters, rice cookers, microwave ovens, kettles, coffee machines and other cooking appliances may not be used in or brought into bedrooms. You would need to notify your Front of House Manager of any electrical items or equipment brought into the accommodation. You will be asked to remove anything deemed a potential hazard. If you are an offer holder, I would recommend contacting the relevant hall of residence to confirm arrangements. Please also see the Student Handbook.
Reply 434
Original post by mngfrn
Hi! I have met the conditions to my offer and I sent the last pending qualification last Friday. However, I am still waiting for a confirmation from LSE. Should I call the admission office and ask? @LSE

If you are an undergraduate offer holder and you have questions about your offer, I would suggest contacting the Undergraduate Admissions team via their contact form: https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Applicants/Secure/Contact-UG-Admissions
Reply 435
Currently have ensuite standard superior room self catered at garden hall With 216 £, I would like to swap with ensuite self catered at garden hall
Original post by YM2067
Currently have ensuite standard superior room self catered at garden hall With 216 £, I would like to swap with ensuite self catered at garden hall

hi I have a catered ensuite at gardens but I'm confused, there are no ensuite for standard superior at gardens. I'm also looking for ensuite self catered in gardens.
Reply 437
Original post by student3802
hi I have a catered ensuite at gardens but I'm confused, there are no ensuite for standard superior at gardens. I'm also looking for ensuite self catered in gardens.

Hi , standard superior room is ensuite with private bathroom and no shower it means the room has its own private toilet and Sink but The shower is outside the room and shared with another student. It is ideal for someone in garden that needs cheaper ensuite it is 216£ only.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 438
Hey, guys! I'm going to stay in Garden Halls this year. Atm I have a Standard Superior and there is an opportunity to swap it for a Townhouse, but I don't know if it is worth it ?
Please, share your experience if you lived in a SS or a Townhouse.
Also would be grateful to hear any useful info about the Hall, kinda some tips or sth that might be helpful
Thank you in advance!
Original post by angelinaaangie
Country from: Russia
Course: A&F
A-Level predicted: A*A*A
Which halls do you plan to stay: Passfield or CS? Not sure

Hi, I have applied for the same course this year, what grades did they give you on the offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending