The Student Room Group

My partner gave me an STI

Hi all,
I'm just looking for some advice. Me and my partner split up for just over a week. She had a one night stand didnt tell me until a couple of weeks later...I am currently engaged to this woman but I found out yesterday she has gave me an STI. So should I stay with her or leave her ? I love her and I get we were broke up but if you love someone do you jump into bed that quick ? I know I did when I was younger but she says it was a mistake she just wanted to feel good and have attention and it was mistake.. so advice would be awesome and much appreciated #satfeelingsorryformyself
If you're engaged then you must be serious about her. It would be daft to end it over something she did when you weren't together. Unless she's given you something potentially life-threatening and you feel you could never forgive her for it then I would say stay together.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by sinfonietta
If you're engaged then you must be serious about her. It would be daft to end it over something she did when you weren't together. Unless she's given you something potentially life-threatening and you feel you could never forgive her for it then I would say stay together.

Thank you so much for your advice I really appreciate it. Yea I love her and I dont wanna be to hard on her or throw stones when I live in a glass house myself thank you.. I just feel kinda dirty and embarrassed. Shes really gutted to I think what's making it hard is that is just the fact how quick she jumped into bed with another person but I do understand we do stupid things out of love and no one is perfect I'm just a little confused, hurt and angry.. thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending