The Student Room Group

Recently accepted my sexuality, now what?

For a while, I've struggled with admitting to myself that I'm a lesbian (it still feels weird to say). I'm not interested in a relationship or becoming sexually active yet but I want to get some advice. I'm mostly worried about staying safe. How often should I get tested? Is there anything I should be aware of/look out for? That kind of stuff. Anything that would prepare me for when I do decide to become active. My hope is to not have to learn the hard way lol.
Original post by Anonymous
For a while, I've struggled with admitting to myself that I'm a lesbian (it still feels weird to say). I'm not interested in a relationship or becoming sexually active yet but I want to get some advice. I'm mostly worried about staying safe. How often should I get tested? Is there anything I should be aware of/look out for? That kind of stuff. Anything that would prepare me for when I do decide to become active. My hope is to not have to learn the hard way lol.

Did you have the same worries when you thought you were straight?
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Did you have the same worries when you thought you were straight?

I wasn't as worried. I had been given a thorough education and felt very prepared. I was pretty much left in the dark when it came to anything besides straight intimacy.
Reply 3
Congrats on accepting your identity! Take your time with relationships and sex, no rush. Communicate openly with future partners about boundaries and consent. Practice safer sex with condoms or dental dams. Get tested regularly for STIs, and find an LGBTQ+ friendly healthcare provider. Prioritize your emotional well-being and trust your instincts for safety.
Original post by Anonymous
I wasn't as worried. I had been given a thorough education and felt very prepared. I was pretty much left in the dark when it came to anything besides straight intimacy.

Do you have any evidence that lesbian sex is more risky?
Reply 5
Original post by holk4e
Congrats on accepting your identity! Take your time with relationships and sex, no rush. Communicate openly with future partners about boundaries and consent. Practice safer sex with condoms or dental dams. Get tested regularly for STIs, and find an LGBTQ+ friendly healthcare provider. Prioritize your emotional well-being and trust your instincts for safety.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest