The Student Room Group

Salford University Courses

Hi, I recently applied to Salford for Film production, heard back recently, I got a conditional just to pass my current course, but at the same time I had been referred to an alternative course (Television and Radio) instead. I am currently deciding between this and an unconditional at Ravensbourne for Film. I am not really sure what to do as they both seem to be really good opportunities, I want to know how much the Salford course focuses on TV, and if it focuses more on dramas, compared to news pieces, or events, because I am more interested in regular TV shows than reality or news?
Hi, not sure how much help I’ll be but my sister is doing film production at Salford so I know a little... her film production course tends to focus on how to make films including sound, styles and all of that and she’s based at media city so she spends her time right in the centre of it. I can imagine for TV and radio it’s similar and you would be studying in the centre of media city.

I can’t help with the courses much but choosing between film at ravensbourne and film at Salford, I’d lean towards Salford as you have better access to work experience, guest speakers and alumni!

Sorry this probably isn’t the answer you were looking for but thought I’d mention anyway :smile:
Reply 2
No man I really appreciate the comment, trying to figure out is so difficult, I applied to film at Salford but they actually gave me a spot on an alternative course, television and radio instead, so I have to decide between TV at Salford or film at RavensBourne and that's why it's so hard to decide it if be possibly leaning more towards Salford for film
Hi I’m looking to go to Salford next sept to do either one of those courses, which one did you end up choosing and how are they managing the course so far cause of covid?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending