The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Overmars
Adebayor has just about won over the fans. Didn't take long did it? There were a few boos during the game against Juventus on Saturday, and some when his name was announced today, but when he scored they were drowned out. And after his great run, everyone was clapping him.

Im sure they were cheering the fact it was 1-0 rather than Ade scoring. The badge kissing was disgraceful

Overmars
Feel bad for Sneijder though. I'm not the "I told you so" kinda guy (meh, who am I kidding?) but didn't I say Diaby is a crap tackler and has the potential to injure someone really badly? He just jumps into tackles. He's a frellin' idiot in my book. Can't stand idiots like that in the team. Eboue's another one.

Diaby actually put in more than a few great ball winning challenges over the weekend. He looked ok going forward on sat but his passing and distribution was awful yesterday.

He's had some rough challenges but id be pissed off if one of our players didnt challenge what was a 50-50 ball. The ref didnt even give it as a foul, it was just unlucky
As for the CM/DM business, surely Wenger cant seriously be considering Eboue?
Reply 22
i doubt adebayor has won over any fans yet, after a whole summer of his bs he thinks he can just score a penalty that he didnt even earn then run up to the stands and kiss the badge... and all is forgotten?

lol hes got a long way to go still
Reply 23
True. But he did put in a great performance yesterday, which is what he needed to do. If he could finish better he would've bagged a hattrick.

He does have a long way to go but this was a start (minus the badge kissing).
Reply 24
Subscribed
Reply 25
BBC is saying Alonso to you guys :s-smilie:
El Stevo
BBC is saying Alonso to you guys :s-smilie:

So's the Guardian and the DailyStar. :redface:
Reply 27
EpsilonZero
So's the Guardian and the DailyStar. :redface:

Alonso always wants out of my Liverpool side on the last FM... normally i do a player swap with Fabregas... can't see that happening though. Either way, it's a move I'm not entirely fond of :p: He suits you boys down to the ground.
Reply 28
I said Alonso a while a back, Wenger contacted Villa to see how the deal was going between Liverpool and Barry, then instantly all the papers thought it was because Wenger was interested in Barry, when it wasnt, he was seeing if the deal was close, because Liverpool would obveously only sell Alonso if they got Barry, I think Alonso would be a fantastic signing to partner Fabregas
Bear_Grylls
I said Alonso a while a back, Wenger contacted Villa to see how the deal was going between Liverpool and Barry, then instantly all the papers thought it was because Wenger was interested in Barry, when it wasnt, he was seeing if the deal was close, because Liverpool would obveously only sell Alonso if they got Barry, I think Alonso would be a fantastic signing to partner Fabregas

They looked good together in the european championships.

PS
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=494828&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Wilshere+named+in+Arsenal%27s+first-team+squad
Our new number 19.
Xabi Alonso would be a fantastic signing for us.

Goose.
Reply 31

Good on him :smile:. He's really made a huge impression in this pre-season. I'd never heard of him until a few weeks ago!!!
Reply 32
Emmanuel Adebayor, kissing the badge? Perhaps he felt guilty and conscious that he has bridges to build, and chose this ill-advised gesture to make a start.

Xabi Alonso is a player of serious quality. If he's available relatively cheaply then I don't understand why any of Liverpool's rivals haven't moved in. There's a slight problem for Arsenal in that they already have deep-lying playmakers in Cesc Fabregas and Denilson, and in truth it's probably someone renowned for tackles rather than passes Arsenal need. I'd still go for it though, and certainly rather spend money on Alonso than Gareth Barry.
Reply 33
Juwel
Emmanuel Adebayor, kissing the badge? Perhaps he felt guilty and conscious that he has bridges to build, and chose this ill-advised gesture to make a start.

I think he kissed the badge because he geniunely loves the club. Given what has happened, it was a silly thing to do....story of his summer, really. As it reads to a lot of Arsenal fans: He's kissing the badge because he has just got a hefty payrise. Especially after Alex Hleb's recent Barca arse-licking, most have realised that kissing the badge means nothing.

Xabi Alonso is a player of serious quality. If he's available relatively cheaply then I don't understand why any of Liverpool's rivals haven't moved in. There's a slight problem for Arsenal in that they already have deep-lying playmakers in Cesc Fabregas and Denilson, and in truth it's probably someone renowned for tackles rather than passes Arsenal need. I'd still go for it though, and certainly rather spend money on Alonso than Gareth Barry.

I can't help feeling Arsenal need a tough-tackling midfielder rather than a slightly more defensive Cesc. He would be a good signing, but Cesc and Alonso wouldn't provide the right balance.

Denilson has looked very good. He has beefed up a bit and seems like he can handle the physical side. He should look to emulate Gilberto's game (when he was in his prime). His main quality was that he could read play very well.
Reply 34
If we don't sign a defensive CM, then Kolo Toure should play there, he looked good in that position when he first came to Arsenal, he reminded me of Vieira.
Reply 35
Why is our old tread closed?
~|Shock|~
Why is our old tread closed?

They all get closed once they get over 10k posts.
Reply 37
Ronaldo VII
They all get closed once they get over 10k posts.

I see, anyways I cant wait until the season restarted.......Its so boring without football.:woo:
LaSagna
If we don't sign a defensive CM, then Kolo Toure should play there, he looked good in that position when he first came to Arsenal, he reminded me of Vieira.
I think the best thing that could happen is getting a centreback good enough to start for one of the top two and moving Kolo up.
Reply 39
:woo: Guess who i just met in trafford centre...Micah Richards...but damn i didn't get a pic..i didn't think at the time. He's a pretty nice guy.!!!!:woo:

Latest