Should I tell my teacher or not?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’ve been feeling really stressed since I started year 12 tbh, due to my anxiety and starting at a new school, but this past week I haven’t been able to sleep and I keep crying. I don’t want to tell my teacher because they have enough on their plate with exams being cancelled, helping year 11 and 13 and their own family to care for. But my mum has cancer, I have to share a room and my home just isn’t a pleasant place to be. I know people are dying, so if anything I’m lucky and my mum said my teacher won’t care if I tell them.
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is always worth telling a teacher. Yes, I can understand you feeling you might not be cared for because of the whole pandemic situation right now, but at least if you tell someone, they can sort something out for you, even if it isn't direct help from that teacher (referring you to a counsellor maybe?). Give it a shot! Hope it works out well xx
Hamiyah B.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve been feeling really stressed since I started year 12 tbh, due to my anxiety and starting at a new school, but this past week I haven’t been able to sleep and I keep crying. I don’t want to tell my teacher because they have enough on their plate with exams being cancelled, helping year 11 and 13 and their own family to care for. But my mum has cancer, I have to share a room and my home just isn’t a pleasant place to be. I know people are dying, so if anything I’m lucky and my mum said my teacher won’t care if I tell them.
You should definitely tell her. She can help and you'll get through this. I know you don't want to put more stress on her plate but your health is just as important.
HGS345
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, my mom had cancer when I was your age. If you need someone to talk to/need advice, feel free to DM me
katherineZD
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It would be a good idea to seek professional help, for example from a therapist. But if that can’t happen at the moment, talking to a teacher or your friends really is the best thing you can do. My ex was diagnosed with depression last year, and her teachers were really supportive and helped her A LOT. Having someone to talk to really makes the difference
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads