The Student Room Group

Does anyone also feel as though ofqual aren't really considering creative courses?

I'm a yr13 student taking A-Level Art and Design, obviously exams have been cancelled. Our teacher is asking us to continue working at home, as per Ofqual decision that all coursework units should be completed. It feels as though they have not really considered subjects such as art, where some of us might not have access to all the resources we need, and now might not be able to get out to get them due to the lockdown. My teacher is also asking that we come to school to drop off our work before what would of been the exam date and im not really keen on the idea of going out for something that seems unnecessary. I've also left my coursework sketchbook at school (yep i know stupid idea) and have work to complete in that that i now won't be able to.

I was just wondering how other schools and students are coping with this? Are you being asked to continue the exam unit or not?
Reply 1
Hi there, I'm also in year 13 doing A level art and design (fine art). We were also told by our teachers to carry on with coursework.
When did Ofqual make this statement on continuing with coursework? I wasn't aware of this.I sent an email to AQA a few days ago asking this exact question because I felt it would be unfair to assess students based on the coursework produced during this quarantine period. They got back to me and basically said they don't know whether we should or shouldn't continue with the work.
I think that they'll probably just ask your teachers to give a prediction on what grade you would have got in the real thing. Worst case scenario, they will only mark the work you produced while you were in school.
Reply 2
Original post by alrad42
Hi there, I'm also in year 13 doing A level art and design (fine art). We were also told by our teachers to carry on with coursework.
When did Ofqual make this statement on continuing with coursework? I wasn't aware of this.I sent an email to AQA a few days ago asking this exact question because I felt it would be unfair to assess students based on the coursework produced during this quarantine period. They got back to me and basically said they don't know whether we should or shouldn't continue with the work.
I think that they'll probably just ask your teachers to give a prediction on what grade you would have got in the real thing. Worst case scenario, they will only mark the work you produced while you were in school.

I haven't actually seen a statement but my art teacher and head of sixth has said that they've been told to make sure students complete all coursework and exam unit work (such as 40% of the art grade). The amount of uncertainty with continuation of work, especially for subjects such as art is reaaaallly starting to get on my nerves haha

Quick Reply

Latest