The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I have finished my A levels mathematics, further mathematics, and physics syllabus thoroughly. I am well accustomed to studying 8 hours a day smart and efficiently. Besides that, I also get 3 hours of tuition every day since I am homeschooled. Will 3 months/90 working days be enough to prepare for STEP 2 and 3 alongside the MAT/TMUA? Can I prepare and be able to do well in these tests within 90 days since all of them are just mathematics tests? What resources would you recommend?
Original post by _gcx
I'm a maths student at Warwick and I've just finished my first year. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about studying maths at university, or studying maths at Warwick in particular.

I feel this thread is particularly important since there's a lot of difference between maths at school and maths at university!

Also answering questions here:

@RDKGames - MMath Mathematics (Fourth Year), University of Loughborough

@astrotemp - BSc Physics and Applied Mathematics (graduate, 2018), UTAS

@deathbySTEP- Maths (offer holder), University of Cambridge

@peaerhead7997- Mathematics (First Year), University of Cambridge

This AMA is part of the 'Ask a University Student 2.0' initiative. If you want to find out more about other courses or universites, please check out the main list of threads:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6431108

Spoiler

Did you have any work experience related to the mathematical field, and if so what was it as I'm struggling to find some.
Original post by Maths_Duck
Did you have any work experience related to the mathematical field, and if so what was it as I'm struggling to find some.

OP hasn't posted for over six months.

Latest