The Student Room Group

what does negation mean?helppppp

is there is a statement a, is negation means the opponent view of a, or sth have a similar meaning as a?
like for the statement 'all multiples of 5 is odd', is the negation 'no multiple of 5 is even ' or 'at least one multiple of 5 is even'?
anyone can help me?
Original post by Wuxinyu
is there is a statement a, is negation means the opponent view of a, or sth have a similar meaning as a?
like for the statement 'all multiples of 5 is odd', is the negation 'no multiple of 5 is even ' or 'at least one multiple of 5 is even'?
anyone can help me?

Negation of "all multiples of 5 are odd" is "at least one multiple of 5 is even". :smile:

If you look at 'all multiples of 5 is odd', and 'no multiple of 5 is even '. These statements say the same thing. :frown:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ghostwalker
Negation of "all multiples of 5 are odd" is "at least one multiple of 5 is even". :smile:

If you look at 'all multiples of 5 is odd', and 'no multiple of 5 is even '. These statements say the same thing. :frown:

OK,it seems that the edexel book answer is wrong again:frown:
Original post by Wuxinyu
OK,it seems that the edexel book answer is wrong again:frown:

I'd recommend posting an image of the question/issue, just to be sure.
Ok
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Wuxinyu
Ok
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Those aren't the original question you asked, and none of those answers are negations. Do you have their definition of "negation"?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ghostwalker
Those aren't the original question you asked, and none of those answers are negations. Do you have their definition of "negation"?

this is my original question and its answer. and our definition seems correct. I think it is just the mark scheme "s problemIMG_20200402_111930-compressed.jpgIMG_20200402_111837-compressed.jpg.jpegIMG_20200402_111819-compressed.jpg.jpeg
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Wuxinyu
this is my original question and its answer. and our definition seems correct. I think it is just the mark scheme "s problemIMG_20200402_111930-compressed.jpgIMG_20200402_111837-compressed.jpg.jpegIMG_20200402_111819-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Definition is OK.

The answer to 3 is A - book is wrong.

I know there are some errors in books, but this is unbelievably bad.

Quick Reply

Latest