The Student Room Group

Bald at 22, How should I dress?

I've recently buzzed my head, I've been going bald for awhile so it was well over due.
Thankfully it looks alright!

The one issue I have it I feel like I look a little out of place in my clothes..

I usually keep it very simple..
Black skinny jeans 90% of the time (not super skinny but hugging my thigh).
Also got a pair in a mid wash.
Black, white or grey slim fitting t-shirt.
Some type of hoodie - usually something branded, Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss etc. Zip up and overhead.
Joggers the odd time, black nike tech fleece, and some other black skinny nike joggers.

Shoes usually black or these dusty blue Old Skools, I've also got old Ultra Boosts which i wear often.
I've been getting into sweaters/jumpers more, I've a nice Stone Island one I got in grey, and some very slim fitting ones that I think look alright.
Jackets - Belstaff slim fitting down jacket in black, Levi Sherpa lined, don't wear that too often..

I just feel like I look weird with a shaved head because I dress younger but look older or something..

I've got nothing but positive comments on my new hair cut, so that won't be changing any time soon... the way I dress needs to.
Any advice?
@Aph may be able to help :tongue:
Original post by gjd800
buy a toupee

Hilarious, nah I look good bald.
Reply 3
Original post by SeanLaurentParis
Hilarious, nah I look good bald.

shame, i had one to sell you
Reply 4
Really though, are you overthinking this? Are you sure you don't still just look good as is?
You don't need to change the way you dress. Wear whatever clothes you want to wear not what your expected to wear for your age.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by gjd800
Really though, are you overthinking this? Are you sure you don't still just look good as is?

I think part of it is I look a little older with a bald head, I looked worse with a balding head but I look older with no hair (and stubble) so I think that's throwing me..
I’m thinking you out on a hitman look?
Original post by Anonymusy
You don't need to change the way you dress. Wear whatever clothes you want to wear not what your expected to wear for your age.

I know I don't necessarily have to do anything but I want to look good, not just like a guy who's gone bald and still dresses like a 16/17 year old.
Original post by Greywolftwo
I’m thinking you out on a hitman look?

Just no bar code.
It's really damn short, 2mm..
I've a little stubble going too just to save myself from that Boy in the Striped Pajamas look.
Reply 10
Looks like I’ve been summoned here.
I shaved my head at 20 (almost three years ago now) and I did kinda wonder that at the time but honestly I think it opens more styles up. Especially if you were balding already! You might actually look younger.

Since shaving it all off I’ve found that a lumberjack sorta style works well for me, lots of “flannel” (I can’t think of the British word), checkered patterns and gingham. I’m also a fan of suits and find that being bald in a suit makes you look more “badass”, like you mean business more.

The one thing I would say is that it will be a while for your skin tone to even out. It took me 6 months for my head to stop being a pasty white colour but knowing other people who have gone bald it’s very much a cross-racial thing. You picked a good time to do it though because I shaved in September.

Ultimately though, being bald isn’t the only thing, in general if you feel confident in what you wear people will believe you look good in it.
Wear what you feel good and comfortable in.

Quick Reply

Latest