The Student Room Group

Is WQE Sixth Form College Good?

I just got offered a place at WQE, which has been the college that I’ve wanted to go to for a while now; I’ve been desperate to go there since deciding to leave my secondary school, which I think was the right choice.
The problem is that I’ve now been struck by a sudden surge of ‘oh god, was this the right choice’? Does anyone go there who can tell me if it’s good or not? And is anyone else experiencing these sorts of feelings?
Original post by IsabelKat3
I just got offered a place at WQE, which has been the college that I’ve wanted to go to for a while now; I’ve been desperate to go there since deciding to leave my secondary school, which I think was the right choice.
The problem is that I’ve now been struck by a sudden surge of ‘oh god, was this the right choice’? Does anyone go there who can tell me if it’s good or not? And is anyone else experiencing these sorts of feelings?

Hiya! I don't personally go there myself but majority of my friends do so I can give you some insight from what they've told me.

WQE is great if you like a lot of independence and you can manage your time well. It probably depends on the classes you take but maths for example sets a lot of work, the lessons apparently go really quickly and the teachers don't go around asking if everyone is okay- they just expect you to be fine. Their facilities are really good but at the start of this current academic year they had a very big problem with the servers and hacking and so the students couldn't gain access to account whilst in the facility and they were unable to use computers there. So if you're doing a technology based subject like computer science you had to do 'programming' (pseudocode) on a whiteboard. But if you're not doing something like that, I still think it's good to keep in mind.

It heavily depends on what subjects you do but from what I know the workload is very heavy there, although if that's something you're okay with and think you can adjust to that's fine.

But do remember this is only what I have heard from others and can't give a full outlook on the college myself. I've said this too, but it does depend on the subjects you want to take. I might be bias but take a look at Brookvale Groby Community College :smile:

If you really don't like it and realise that when you're there, there's a window of about a month or so when you start the academic year which is an opportunity for you to change colleges, one of my friends did this but she started somewhere else (not WQE) and joined the college I attend now.

I wish you the very best in whatever decision you make! <3
My friends who go there don't like it, but that's not my experience, it might be different for you :smile:
im just choosing wether to put qe or beauchamp city college as my college of choice, so im kinda in the same boat.But- my two sisters have gone to qe and they have alot to say about it.1st really liked it, loved the library and the courses. didnt talk to progress coach/ppm much, but she was nice. did sociology psychology. got alot of work and also not much soo... xD idk2nd hated it, she did b-tech's though. did talk to progress coach/ppm alot but never got answers. did combined b-tech science psychology. the b-tech she realllly doesnt like, you learn more than the a-level class and alot of it is in depth stuff.basicallly idk- its probably fine but i wouldnt recommend b-techs, (though they may be sorting it out soon)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending