The Student Room Group

Can I start sixth form in January

Relocating to UK by December and I'm 17 and will be 18 by next year june so can I start sixth form in January the 2nd term
I had a friend try to do that he found it easier to get in to a college and pick up from there. Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Adedolapo E
Relocating to UK by December and I'm 17 and will be 18 by next year june so can I start sixth form in January the 2nd term

I believe most schools and colleges won't allow this as it would be too difficult for you to catch-up on the missed content, plus they might have difficulties getting government funding for you if you miss the first term. It would be worth reaching out to the schools and colleges in the area that you are moving to though to double check. They will have an admins email that you can get from their websites.
Reply 3
Original post by lalexm
I believe most schools and colleges won't allow this as it would be too difficult for you to catch-up on the missed content, plus they might have difficulties getting government funding for you if you miss the first term. It would be worth reaching out to the schools and colleges in the area that you are moving to though to double check. They will have an admins email that you can get from their websites.

Ok thanks a bunch
Reply 4
Original post by sirchats
I had a friend try to do that he found it easier to get in to a college and pick up from there. Good luck.

Ok thanks but is it sixth form college??
Reply 5
I believe if you can prove you've caught up with the work thats been missed I don't see the issue as I know a few people who joined mid year12 and I had asked how it was allowed for them to do so, to which they said you pretty much have to prove youre up to date with work as they had to prove that by taking exams on the content missed. Keep in mind a lot of sixth forms have different standards for this some may accept and some may not so its always best to look at all the sixth forms in your area and maybe call them to ask their policy on this.
Reply 6
Original post by Adedolapo E

Hi im also facing the same issue, did u get into a sixth form school ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending