The Student Room Group

GCSE revision

When should I start revising? I want to get between 8-9 for GCSEs so should I start revising in year 8?
No relax dude and enjoy while you can. Year 8 content is usless maybe start in year 9.
Reply 2
no because you won't have even learned gcse content in year 8. you should start in year 10 for best results but it also depends on you and how fast you learn
Yeah don’t stress over it. Relax now until start of year 10. Obviously do your work but don’t go overboard. There’s no point stressing over it all.
Original post by kakeshiclan
No relax dude and enjoy while you can. Year 8 content is usless maybe start in year 9.

Yh ur right tho I already started learning hard stuff for gcse in my tuition such as organic chemistry and stuff so how much should I revise in year 9?
Just focus on practicing good revision techniques. You can use this time to experiment with various ways of revising (e.g. flashcards, mindmaps, notes, blurting etc) and figure out what lengths of breaks and revision sessions work for you. Probably start revising in year 10 and make good resources you can use in year 11 so you're not cramming before exams. If you're in year 8 though make the most of the time - join clubs and go out with friends, don't stress it too much :smile: x
Original post by thaliajade08
Just focus on practicing good revision techniques. You can use this time to experiment with various ways of revising (e.g. flashcards, mindmaps, notes, blurting etc) and figure out what lengths of breaks and revision sessions work for you. Probably start revising in year 10 and make good resources you can use in year 11 so you're not cramming before exams. If you're in year 8 though make the most of the time - join clubs and go out with friends, don't stress it too much :smile: x

Thanks
Original post by Gcseproblems101
When should I start revising? I want to get between 8-9 for GCSEs so should I start revising in year 8?

If you want to get a head start i recommend purchasing. These are really thorough and simplified notes i have in Biology particularly
If anyone wants to buy any of my resources (notes, question sheets, essays) for all 9s please let me know. Here are the items I offer:
6 English Language Creative Writing Essays (approx 600 words each)- all graded 9
1 Macbeth Essay on Loyalty -Graded 9
Poetry Essays on Charge of the Light Brigade and Bayonet Charge
70 Page Biology Crash Course PDF + My own Biology notes
My own Chemistry, Physics, Geography Notes
3-4 page Compilation of GCSE Maths Difficult Questions from various exam boards.

PM me for details. Stay Safe
Don't start revising or buy anything for your GCSEs yet. Just try your best on all your homework, and in (online) lessons. In y9 you might want to start revising a bit more for tests, but y10 is when most people start doing active GCSE preparation, as that's when most people start learning GCSE content.

It'll be ok, just do your best on set work and you'll do well when the time comes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest