The Student Room Group

Reading list for Access to Higher Education in Education

Hello, I am a mature student and I am currently completing an A level in English Literature. I am due to start the Access to Higher Education in Education course in September 2020. My aim is to go to university and study English Literature and Drama.
Would anyone know of a reading list for my intended Access course. Thanks, Kate
Reply 1
Original post by KtD305
Hello, I am a mature student and I am currently completing an A level in English Literature. I am due to start the Access to Higher Education in Education course in September 2020. My aim is to go to university and study English Literature and Drama.
Would anyone know of a reading list for my intended Access course. Thanks, Kate

You are doing A-Levels and an Access Course? That's a bit redundant, isn't it?

I think you need to clarify what you mean. If you intend to study at university level then you always need to express yourself clearly to the reader, especially as an English student.

I did an access course and have no a-levels. If you are asking about access courses then why mention the subjects you intend to study at Uni? Do the access course first.
Reply 2
Original post by Rawkuss
You are doing A-Levels and an Access Course? That's a bit redundant, isn't it?

I think you need to clarify what you mean. If you intend to study at university level then you always need to express yourself clearly to the reader, especially as an English student.

I did an access course and have no a-levels. If you are asking about access courses then why mention the subjects you intend to study at Uni? Do the access course first.

Dear Rawkuss, thank you so much for your reply to my enquiry. This is my first posting on this forum and I must only apologise for my inability to express myself with clarity worthy of an English student. I have re-read my post and maybe it does not read as explicitly as I intended but I thought it pertinent (to add contextual verisimilitude) to disclose my current academic status followed by my future plans to commence the Access to Higher Education course in Education this coming September 2020 as a gateway to then apply to University. In hindsight, incorporating my future intentions for study is irrelevant and your sagacious observations are apposite. To this end, may I take this opportunity to ask again if anyone might have any suggestions for a reading list for the Access to Higher Education course in Education? Thank you in anticipation, Kate
Reply 3
Original post by KtD305
Dear Rawkuss, thank you so much for your reply to my enquiry. This is my first posting on this forum and I must only apologise for my inability to express myself with clarity worthy of an English student. I have re-read my post and maybe it does not read as explicitly as I intended but I thought it pertinent (to add contextual verisimilitude) to disclose my current academic status followed by my future plans to commence the Access to Higher Education course in Education this coming September 2020 as a gateway to then apply to University. In hindsight, incorporating my future intentions for study is irrelevant and your sagacious observations are apposite. To this end, may I take this opportunity to ask again if anyone might have any suggestions for a reading list for the Access to Higher Education course in Education? Thank you in anticipation, Kate

Hi Kate,
Are you going to be studying online?! I only ask as I’m currently studying this access course specifically education. I am using Stonebridge college but they are over seen by Learn-direct. Let me know if I can be of help 😊
Original post by laurie37
Hi Kate,
Are you going to be studying online?! I only ask as I’m currently studying this access course specifically education. I am using Stonebridge college but they are over seen by Learn-direct. Let me know if I can be of help 😊

Hey :smile: I am studying this too!
Reply 5
Original post by rare ruby
Hey :smile: I am studying this too!

How are you finding it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending