The Student Room Group

Clearing

Are there entry requirements in clearing??

Do unis look at A Level grades when applying through Clearing, or whether or not there is still space left for the course?
Original post by lucypeters3877

Do unis look at A Level grades when applying through Clearing, or whether or not there is still space left for the course?

Yes

as a rule of thumb if a university has published clearing specific entry requirements on their website then you need to meet those requirements. If they haven’t published clearing specific requirements then it’s worth calling if you’re within 2 grades of their standard requirements.

Hi @lucypeters3877

Yes, different universities have different requirements for clearing but generally clearing is an opportunity for you to find available places on courses at universities after the UCAS deadline has passed. So its basically spaces on certain courses that unis want to fill but students have to contact the uni to discuss their grades if they can be accepted onto the course.

I hope this helps?

Best wishes,
Yemi,
Official Rep for Sheffield Hallam University.

Hey @lucypeters3877 :smile:

It typically tends to be that the required A Level grades are dependent on how high the demand is for the course, so if a course only has a few spaces left then they may be higher but don't let this deter you away from applying. At UEA, we will flex our entry requirements to fill our remaining places but if your desired course is full, our Clearing team are super helpful in finding alternative courses that we can offer you.

To help me prepare I complied a list of potential unis I was interested in and the course and their phone number so I was ready on the morning of Results Day just in case I had to go through Clearing. Surprisingly UEA was not actually on my list, but I thought I’d call them just in case they had a spot for me because they're a top 25 UK University (The Complete University Guide) and I really liked the sound of their BSc Marketing and Management course from what I had read! So I'd definitely say if you do end up going through Clearing, keep an open mind and there's no harm in calling unis that you wouldn't have initially thought of going too!

You can find out more about clearing here.

Best of luck!
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)
Hi @lucypeters3877

As the other Reps mentioned, clearing requirements differ with each university but the majority would still like to know your A Level results to consider your application.

However, if you don’t get the grades you were expecting, there’s no need to panic. We believe education should be accessible to all, so we prefer to take a holistic view rather than always solely relying on grades.

Therefore, LSBU will also consider things like your application, your qualifications, and even any personal experiences you’ve had outside of mainstream education.

We understand exams aren’t for everyone so we've made sure our teaching allows you to focus more on real-world projects and live briefs.

If you have any questions regarding applications feel free to contact our Clearing Hotline 0800 923 8888.

Or if you feel like speaking to a course advisor call (0)20 7815 7500 or visit our live chat at: https://www.lsbu.ac.uk/contact-us/enquiry-form

I hope I managed to help!

Best wishes,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

nice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending