The Student Room Group

economics a level??

im currently choosing my a level options and i chose economics, but now after reading some stuff online im not sure if it's for me. i am quite bad at essay writing and at gcse my best subjects were german and food tech. i don't think i would have any problem with the maths side of things as i am predicted an 8 for maths gcse, but is there a lot of essays involved in economics, and would i be better off taking business? (i think i want to study german at university so it wouldn't really impact that)
At a-level there is not alot of math in economics there is at university though. It is essay based. I haven't done business so i can't comment on that
Original post by ilikeapples2
im currently choosing my a level options and i chose economics, but now after reading some stuff online im not sure if it's for me. i am quite bad at essay writing and at gcse my best subjects were german and food tech. i don't think i would have any problem with the maths side of things as i am predicted an 8 for maths gcse, but is there a lot of essays involved in economics, and would i be better off taking business? (i think i want to study german at university so it wouldn't really impact that)

You know there's a lot of essays in MFLs at university, don't you?
Original post by Reality Check
You know there's a lot of essays in MFLs at university, don't you?

true but there's essays in uni for nearly every subject isn't there?
also it's weird but i don't mind German essays i kind of like them as mfls are my favourite subjects but i could only do german sadly :frown:
Original post by Cheesybread
At a-level there is not alot of math in economics there is at university though. It is essay based. I haven't done business so i can't comment on that

okay thank you and is the 25 mark question the biggest question on the paper?
Original post by ilikeapples2
okay thank you and is the 25 mark question the biggest question on the paper?

Yes it is

Quick Reply

Latest