The Student Room Group

Corona virus and Jobless

Hi
I want to know if there anyone not working , jobless or been sacked from work due to Corona Virus?
Lots of people have lost their job because of it, I was due to start a new job just before it got bad but it never happened, I’m lucky to still have financial support from my parents though.
Reply 2
Original post by Jess.1819
Lots of people have lost their job because of it, I was due to start a new job just before it got bad but it never happened, I’m lucky to still have financial support from my parents though.

Hi
Same thing happened with me I just passed my job assessment a day before the lockdown and I was to start my Job the Day the lockdown started so no call from them to join and finally they said they are not calling anyone anymore untill Covid-19
Original post by Rehan0786
Hi
Same thing happened with me I just passed my job assessment a day before the lockdown and I was to start my Job the Day the lockdown started so no call from them to join and finally they said they are not calling anyone anymore untill Covid-19

Oooh that’s gotta be horrible, sorry!
Lots of people will be. This is very much just the start, anything related to the holiday industry (airlines, travel agents (or what's left of them), hotels, domestic holiday destinations/days out (I.E Skegness/Blackpool)) are going to suffer massively for, at the very least the rest of the year, if not years to come. Lots of companies are going to go bust, especially those that were already looking at going bust soon.

It sucks, but the economy is going to change massively and we're going to lose a lot companies throughout this. The job market is going to be hell. Thankfully, I'm 'lucky' enough to be an essential worker and still very much have a source of income, for now anyway, but I feel for those who've lost their jobs or were due to enter the world of work this year. The job market has been pretty competitive for a while now and it's only going to get worse with all this going on.
Reply 5
Original post by Jess.1819
Oooh that’s gotta be horrible, sorry!

Yeah , you lucky you have family to support you
Reply 6
Original post by TheMcSame
Lots of people will be. This is very much just the start, anything related to the holiday industry (airlines, travel agents (or what's left of them), hotels, domestic holiday destinations/days out (I.E Skegness/Blackpool)) are going to suffer massively for, at the very least the rest of the year, if not years to come. Lots of companies are going to go bust, especially those that were already looking at going bust soon.

It sucks, but the economy is going to change massively and we're going to lose a lot companies throughout this. The job market is going to be hell. Thankfully, I'm 'lucky' enough to be an essential worker and still very much have a source of income, for now anyway, but I feel for those who've lost their jobs or were due to enter the world of work this year. The job market has been pretty competitive for a while now and it's only going to get worse with all this going on.

Yeah , I remember before starting convid-19 everything was different like there were many jobs but now and after lockdown the job market will be down
I have been made redundant from my last job but will be starting an apprenticeship with a different company soon (hopefully).

Quick Reply

Latest