The Student Room Group

Cant find a job

Hi, i've been searching for a placement role in accounting/audit/finance for around 3-4 months now and have been rejected every time. Applied for about 30 roles, i got to around 3 final stages and got 2 rejections out of them. I go to a top 40 University and have the minimum UCAS points but for some reason cannot get a role. I feel like when i graduate ill end up jobless since the recruitment process is the same. Is it normal to not find a placement? Any tips?
30 roles is nothing bro, those are rookie numbers. In my second year I applied to like 100, got to 3 assessment centres and eventually found one. I got the offer in April btw so you still have time. Hope this helps 👍🏼
Reply 2
Very normal, keep applying and don't give up.
Applying for jobs itself is a skill you need to learn. Basically it includes banging out SJTs and rehearse answers for all common interview questions.
For sought-after flagship grad schemes, the success rates are close to 0 (like IB at Goldman) and I won't even bother spending time on it without an Oxbridge credential. Smaller audit firms are quite lenient about recruitment so you just need to research and prepare right. At the end of the day it's a slot machine you just need to spin it enough times, eventually it will spit out the jackpot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending