The Student Room Group

What are the online PGCE interviews like?

Is it relaxed/formal? I just want to know because I will be applying soon and I am worried about the process since I've never done a proper online interview before.
I would treat it as a regular interview, they'll ask questions including ones based on scenarios and you should appear presentable. Always lean on the side of professional! I'd rather be embarrassed being overdressed than underdressed.
Hey! I had a Primary PGCE interview a couple of weeks ago. The interviewers spent the first few minutes making me feel relaxed and basically outlined the structure of the interview. They also gave me a chance to ask them questions before and after the interview. They don't want to catch you out, they just want to find out what you already know and assess your suitability for the course. Treat it much like a normal interview, be professional and presentable as suggested above, but don't worry :smile: Good luck!
I had one with Sunderland in March. It was super relaxed and the interviewer was great. I dressed as I would for an interview (but didn't have shoes on for comfort lol) and sat at a table with a blank wall behind me. Just got an intro to the course for ~30 minutes, got to ask some questions, got asked a few questions which were very much expected questions I had prepared for (I had some written notes next to me) and did a written task that I emailed over. Then I got told I had a place ten minutes after interview ended.

Best of luck! I was dreading it, as I'd never done a Skype interview before, but it was one of the better interview experiences I've had in terms of feeling comfortable. If yours is anything like mine, you have nothing to worry about! It was as pleasant an interview experience as possible (as interviews are never pleasant!)
Original post by stephanieg1992
I had one with Sunderland in March. It was super relaxed and the interviewer was great. I dressed as I would for an interview (but didn't have shoes on for comfort lol) and sat at a table with a blank wall behind me. Just got an intro to the course for ~30 minutes, got to ask some questions, got asked a few questions which were very much expected questions I had prepared for (I had some written notes next to me) and did a written task that I emailed over. Then I got told I had a place ten minutes after interview ended.

Best of luck! I was dreading it, as I'd never done a Skype interview before, but it was one of the better interview experiences I've had in terms of feeling comfortable. If yours is anything like mine, you have nothing to worry about! It was as pleasant an interview experience as possible (as interviews are never pleasant!)

Great to hear about your interview experience with us :smile:
Do let us know if you have any further questions about your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending