The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Grades

i have offer AAB for computer science at Royal Holloway but I scored ABC grade is there any chance of admission at uni??
So if you have your final result, and it’s one A, one B and one C, then ask Royal Holloway direct by email or phone (if there’s enough staff available) as they might be flexible.

If we have a Clearing day in August, then you’d certainly get a nice place somewhere, but contact your preferred college now, as many places that might normally be reserved for international students might be ‘spare’, according to today’s article in the Daily Telegraph where Cambridge University was suggesting that possibly a third of places might not be filled this year due pandemic (paraphrased - Cam was apparently asking for a gov handout)
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by ayushjadhavaj
i have offer AAB for computer science at Royal Holloway but I scored ABC grade is there any chance of admission at uni??

I would avoid this uni at all cost tbh they will accept anyone unconditionally due to their debt so just call them and you will see how fast they say yes. ask yourself what you really want to do. are you taking a compsci degree because you like programming? what about computer science do you like, theory, software design, management, security. don't do it if it's because you thought it is about gaming, easy or someone told you to.

The reason being is that you can most likely advance your career much further and faster if you do a bootcamp to learn to code and then learn on the job.

The issue with the above is that you will lack the foundation in many aspects of programming such as architecture design engineering principles, a foundation is computational speed/algorithms, security. although I would strongly suggest finding courses for each of these rather than taking them from a uni reason being that it will be in your own time, and you will waste less time as 6/8 courses in each year are pointless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending