The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Which uni for interior design

University of Salford or Sheffield Hallam - please help I'm so confused on which to put as my firm and insurance

I have an unconditional from Salford and conditional from Hallam.
Reply 1
Help
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
University of Salford or Sheffield Hallam - please help I'm so confused on which to put as my firm and insurance

Hi

Congratulations on both you offers!

I study Law at Sheffield Hallam, and when I was making my decision one of the important factors for me was being able to get practical experience on my course. I know that Sheffield Hallam has a range of placement opportunities. So, I would recommend you take a look at what extra opportunities are offered for Interior design.

You could also look at how each course is taught and assessed. So you can see what suits your learning style the most. When I was deciding which course, I preferred at different universities I looked at what modules were offered and which ones I would be interested in the most. At Hallam I was able to pick modules in second and third year. So, you could look at what modules appeal to you the most at each uni.

Another thing that really stood out to me at Hallam was the range of extra support offers. not only were tutors wiling to help if I had any questions, but I as able to make use of various resources ad workshops which helped me with general skills such as essay writing and referencing.

Lastly, I got a really positive vibe from the uni, as everyone was so friendly. This is the same for Sheffield in my it’s a really nice place to study and live.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

Zaira 😊
Reply 3
Original post by hallamstudents
Hi

Congratulations on both you offers!

I study Law at Sheffield Hallam, and when I was making my decision one of the important factors for me was being able to get practical experience on my course. I know that Sheffield Hallam has a range of placement opportunities. So, I would recommend you take a look at what extra opportunities are offered for Interior design.

You could also look at how each course is taught and assessed. So you can see what suits your learning style the most. When I was deciding which course, I preferred at different universities I looked at what modules were offered and which ones I would be interested in the most. At Hallam I was able to pick modules in second and third year. So, you could look at what modules appeal to you the most at each uni.

Another thing that really stood out to me at Hallam was the range of extra support offers. not only were tutors wiling to help if I had any questions, but I as able to make use of various resources ad workshops which helped me with general skills such as essay writing and referencing.

Lastly, I got a really positive vibe from the uni, as everyone was so friendly. This is the same for Sheffield in my it’s a really nice place to study and live.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

Zaira 😊

Thanks so much for the help, the only thing stopping me from putting Hallam as my firm is the fact they're asking for additional costs (unto £400) - no other uni has done this and I'm not in the position to be able to afford that for art materials etc.
But thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it!
Thanks so much for the help, the only thing stopping me from putting Hallam as my firm is the fact they're asking for additional costs (unto £400) - no other uni has done this and I'm not in the position to be able to afford that for art materials etc.
But thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

Hello, Additional costs relate to costs which may be incurred during the course of your studies for example on trips, materials or printing etc.
Mainly these fees will relate to the projects you choose and are only a guide. The actual cost will depend greatly on what you choose to produce or the materials you choose to use.

Please do not feel these additional costs are needed ahead of time before you start your course, they are just a guide for students to help them prepared for any additional costs which may be incurred during their time on their course.

Thank you
- Rachel

Hi there,

Congratulations! 🎉

What course have you applied to study with us? I am in my final year of studying Broadcast Journalism here at Salford, and am more than happy to answer any questions you might have regarding your course or what life is like as a Salford student. :smile:

I moved to Salford from Essex, for me, it was the moment I first stepped foot onto campus for an open day that I knew it was where I wanted to be. I loved absolutely everything about Salford - the campuses are vibrant and everyone is super friendly.

I lived in the Peel Park Quarter accommodation in my first year and I can't fault it, I had the best time, the accommodation staff are so supportive and strive to make it feel like home. On top of that, I couldn't pass on the opportunity to study at the MediaCityUK campus, it was the cherry on the cake for my course.

I recommend taking a look through our student led blog, Made in Salford, and also having a browse around our YouTube channel to get a feel for what to expect:

Made in Salford: https://blogs.salford.ac.uk/made-in-salford/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SalfordUniversity

I hope this helps! :smile:

Emma
Student Social Media Assistant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending