The Student Room Group

British College of Interior Design

Hi everyone,
I've been considering BCID, any feedback about the academy? The search can be a bit overwhelming so I want to make sure I'm making the right decision for Interior design studies instead of wasting my time.
Thanks a lot
(edited 8 months ago)
Which course are you considering taking?
Interior design online course :smile:
Original post by Agnese Agapova
Hi everyone,
I've been considering BCID, any feedback about the academy? The search can be a bit overwhelming so I want to make sure I'm making the right decision for Interior design studies instead of wasting my time.
Thanks a lot

Hi Agnese,

I think it just depends on what you are looking to get out of a course, I think it's always worth asking yourself as many questions as you can, but also trusting your gut is important too!
The types of questions I would ask myself would include, is online learning definitely for you? Have you had any information about who would be teaching the course to you? What is your plan with interior design? Does the course offer you any industry links or contacts?

I know these decisions can feel overwhelming but you'll get there.

If you need any other help or advice, give me a shout :smile: (we do have an amazing interior design course just in case you're interested!)

Jenny
Arts University Plymouth Rep

http://aup.ac.uk/clearing
💻 Email us at [email protected]
☎️ Call us on 01752 203402⁠
📱 Whatsapp us at 07722 744184⁠
Original post by ArtsUniPlymouth
Hi Agnese,

I think it just depends on what you are looking to get out of a course, I think it's always worth asking yourself as many questions as you can, but also trusting your gut is important too!
The types of questions I would ask myself would include, is online learning definitely for you? Have you had any information about who would be teaching the course to you? What is your plan with interior design? Does the course offer you any industry links or contacts?

I know these decisions can feel overwhelming but you'll get there.

If you need any other help or advice, give me a shout :smile: (we do have an amazing interior design course just in case you're interested!)

Jenny
Arts University Plymouth Rep

http://aup.ac.uk/clearing
💻 Email us at [email protected]
☎️ Call us on 01752 203402⁠
📱 Whatsapp us at 07722 744184⁠

Thank you so much😊 😊
Interior design online course :smile:

Online courses can vary hugely.

Make sure that you’re clear on what you want to get out of the experience before you go into it.

If you’re interested in a degree then SBID has a list of their best rated universities: https://www.sbid.org/sbid-centre-of-excellence/
Hi everyone,
Thanks a lot

BCID is a great way to get started and it is only mere £400 course. This is great for someone who doesn't want to go to Universities to learn lengthy of time, but they won't help you to become an expert Interior Design. BCID is also great if you are unsure that the Interior Design will be a career path for you because you are only losing £400 instead of thousands. Centre of Excellence is one of the best place to "give a try" before making a big committments.

Still, BCID will give you a head start. For any people who are unsure that the Interior Design will be a career path for them, I'd recommended using CoE first - that's what I am currently doing. From there, they can move on to a more serious qualifications.

Best of luck to you
Original post by Grajo-Travel
BCID is a great way to get started and it is only mere £400 course. This is great for someone who doesn't want to go to Universities to learn lengthy of time, but they won't help you to become an expert Interior Design. BCID is also great if you are unsure that the Interior Design will be a career path for you because you are only losing £400 instead of thousands. Centre of Excellence is one of the best place to "give a try" before making a big committments.

Still, BCID will give you a head start. For any people who are unsure that the Interior Design will be a career path for them, I'd recommended using CoE first - that's what I am currently doing. From there, they can move on to a more serious qualifications.

Best of luck to you

I think your response has been scrambled - it doesn't make any sense.

BCID isn't a SBID Centre of Excellence and isn't offering any sort of recognised qualifications that could give any sort of head start. It's owned by a news company based in an offshore tax haven, doesn't list the price of tuition fees on their website and isn't registered with Companies House (so isn't even British, or a College....). Even the website is registered in Australia not the UK.
Original post by PQ
I think your response has been scrambled - it doesn't make any sense.

BCID isn't a SBID Centre of Excellence and isn't offering any sort of recognised qualifications that could give any sort of head start. It's owned by a news company based in an offshore tax haven, doesn't list the price of tuition fees on their website and isn't registered with Companies House (so isn't even British, or a College....). Even the website is registered in Australia not the UK.

The author did not ask about any sort of recognised qualifications,

Quick Reply

Latest