The Student Room Group

Manchester Uni Portfolio

So I've applied for the MMU Interior Design course for 2024 and i've applied early and I have the grades to go. I have spent the last week going over my portfolio and was just wondering, What if they don't like yoour portfolio? Do you get rejected even if you meet everything else.
Original post by Danny0712
So I've applied for the MMU Interior Design course for 2024 and i've applied early and I have the grades to go. I have spent the last week going over my portfolio and was just wondering, What if they don't like yoour portfolio? Do you get rejected even if you meet everything else.

Potentially, yes. If the portfolio wasn't important to their offer decision, they wouldn't bother asking you for it.
Reply 2
Would you mind looking at my portfolio

As above - for courses that require a portfolio then it’s possible to be rejected even with a billion A* grades if your portfolio isn’t suitable for the course.

There’s loads of really good interior architecture/design degrees though - MMU isn’t even accredited if I remember rightly - so you have lots of options.

What are your other 4 UCAS choices?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
As above - for courses that require a portfolio then it’s possible to be rejected even with a billion A* grades if your portfolio isn’t suitable for the course.

There’s loads of really good interior architecture/design degrees though - MMU isn’t even accredited if I remember rightly - so you have lots of options.

What are your other 4 UCAS choices?

I picked MMU ,Salford, Lancashire and just did MMU architecture aswell just to fill in the options, but my aim is to get into interior design MMU as it’s the one I like the and closest to me
I picked MMU ,Salford, Lancashire and just did MMU architecture aswell just to fill in the options, but my aim is to get into interior design MMU as it’s the one I like the and closest to me

Salford is accredited.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ

Salford is accredited.

Oh okay, would you mind looking at my portfolio?
Hi,

As discussed earlier, there is a possibility that the university might reject your portfolio if they think it's not suitable for the course you are applying for, or if they think you might be more suited for another course they offer, such as textile design. I suggest you do some research on the course and try to find out if they have a guide for portfolios or ask the tutor/university about their expectations so that you can be as prepared as possible.

It's always a good idea to apply for more than one course/university so that you have options if you don't get accepted for your first choice. We also offer a great Interior Design and Styling degree at Arts Univeristy Plymouth. I will leave the link below.

Interior Design & Styling - https://www.aup.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/ba-hons-interior-design

I hope this helps.

Kate - Arts University Plymouth Rep
💻 Email us at [email protected]
☎️ Call us on 01752 203402⁠
📱 Whatsapp us at 07722 744184⁠
Reply 8
Original post by ArtsUniPlymouth
Hi,

As discussed earlier, there is a possibility that the university might reject your portfolio if they think it's not suitable for the course you are applying for, or if they think you might be more suited for another course they offer, such as textile design. I suggest you do some research on the course and try to find out if they have a guide for portfolios or ask the tutor/university about their expectations so that you can be as prepared as possible.

It's always a good idea to apply for more than one course/university so that you have options if you don't get accepted for your first choice. We also offer a great Interior Design and Styling degree at Arts Univeristy Plymouth. I will leave the link below.

Interior Design & Styling - https://www.aup.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/ba-hons-interior-design

I hope this helps.

Kate - Arts University Plymouth Rep
💻 Email us at [email protected]
☎️ Call us on 01752 203402⁠
📱 Whatsapp us at 07722 744184⁠

Hi thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest