The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Graduate Reserve List 2020

Scroll to see replies

I wonder how many people in my list as well.
Just saying, I'm an international student as well, so I'm guessing they are evaluating course-by-course.
Mine changes to Under Consideration as well. Anyone listed for Msc Marketing?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I just saw that from a post of Whatdotheyknow. Btw, the number of people on the list cannot tell the possibility of getting in.
Original post by wvan98
Mine too - assuming it’s because I’m international but I have no idea how many people are in my reserve group even with some people dropping

same, mine also still shows reserve group and I'm international too! (MSc global media and comm with USC)
Reply 43
Original post by Anonymous
same, mine also still shows reserve group and I'm international too! (MSc global media and comm with USC)

Same exact program and situation ugh!! Hope for the best
Original post by wvan98

I'm so paranoid! lmk what happens
Is anyone on reserve list for both their first and second choice?
Reply 46
Same here. Still on the reserve list and no transcript dropped for both first and second choice.
Original post by wvan98

has your transcript "dropped"?
Is anyone on reserve list for both their first and second choice?

Yes! My transcript dropped on the 13th of August but I don't know what to expect.
Hi!

So I was on the reserve list last year and feel I may be able to offer some words.

I'm about to start an MSc as an international student at the LSE this year, however, last year when I first applied I was placed on the reserve list before summer came around. When the time came for LSE to actually start up, they told me there wasn't enough space in my program as the quota had already been filled. They said I could reinstate my application come mid August (August 15th 2019 I believe it was for me) and so I did and finally received an acceptance mid-December 2019.

It was a bit of fate because of the new Graduate Route Visa officially being introduced next summer that will allow international students to remain 2 additional years following their time on a tier 4 visa. If I had been accepted last year, I really would have missed out on something so advantageous to secure a job in the UK!

Hopefully this is a bit of helpful insight!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Kings&Elephants
Hi!

So I was on the reserve list last year and feel I may be able to offer some words.

I'm about to start an MSc as an international student at the LSE this year, however, last year when I first applied I was placed on the reserve list before summer came around. When the time came for LSE to actually start up, they told me there wasn't enough space in my program as the quota had already been filled. They said I could reinstate my application come mid August (August 15th 2019 I believe it was for me) and so I did and finally received an acceptance mid-December 2019.

It was a bit of fate because of the new Graduate Route Visa officially being introduced next summer that will allow international students to remain 2 additional years following their time on a tier 4 visa. If I had been accepted last year, I really would have missed out on something so advantageous to secure a job in the UK!

Hopefully this is a bit of helpful insight!

Thank you. It’s very helpful and comforting. I agree that it’s a bit of fate. May I ask you if you reinstated on the day they sent you the decision or after that? Even though they do not guarantee an offer for reinstatement, getting into the applicant pool earlier is an advantage. I think I may consider reinstatement, just prepare for the worst. :eek:
Thank you. It’s very helpful and comforting. I agree that it’s a bit of fate. May I ask you if you reinstated on the day they sent you the decision or after that? Even though they do not guarantee an offer for reinstatement, getting into the applicant pool earlier is an advantage. I think I may consider reinstatement, just prepare for the worst. :eek:

I just looked back at the actual timeframe and they actually emailed me telling me I had missed out on placement for the program on August 15th. I reinstated the day they first allowed applications which was September 15th. Following that, got my unconditional offer mid-December. I'd say depending on how passionate you are about the program and attending LSE, I'd say consider it. I have no regrets waiting. I mean... the wait to hear back about the reserve list is terrible. What's another year 😂 Hopefully you get placement though and don't have to make that choice like I did! Best of luck!!
Reply 52
has your transcript "dropped"?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe as international it’s different my complete transcript was available back in May
Original post by wvan98
Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe as international it’s different my complete transcript was available back in May

ohhh right sorry I was confused
Yes! My transcript dropped on the 13th of August but I don't know what to expect.

any update?
any update?

Not yet, hoping to hear something this week, though. How about you? Did your transcript drop, too?
Not yet, hoping to hear something this week, though. How about you? Did your transcript drop, too?

no it hasn't so idk what to expect
hi, read many times now that „transcript‘s drop“ i never heard the expression until reading the discussions here so, what does transcript dropping refer to and how can you find out if the transcript has dropped? i’m also on the reserve list so any information during this painful waiting time is very welcomed :wink: thanks
Reply 58
hi, read many times now that „transcript‘s drop“ i never heard the expression until reading the discussions here so, what does transcript dropping refer to and how can you find out if the transcript has dropped? i’m also on the reserve list so any information during this painful waiting time is very welcomed :wink: thanks

Hi, I was wondering too just look for "LSE transcript drop" on Google image there are pictures. I guess it is when the transcript goes all the way to the end of documentation.
Reply 59
Did anyone get an offer or a rejection?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending