The Student Room Group

Revising 3 AS Levels within 2 weeks advice please

Okay so I didn't mind revising 2 of my as level subjects within 2 weeks, I had it planned out I suppose. Now I'm getting an email that I have to do an exam for my other subject which we haven't even finished the content for??

I'm ducked as heck and my head wants to explode. I don't know what to do anymore and it's bloody German of all things I can't just cram vocabulary into my head within these 2 weeks.

Please I need advice.
Original post by Hiro2468
Okay so I didn't mind revising 2 of my as level subjects within 2 weeks, I had it planned out I suppose. Now I'm getting an email that I have to do an exam for my other subject which we haven't even finished the content for??

I'm ducked as heck and my head wants to explode. I don't know what to do anymore and it's bloody German of all things I can't just cram vocabulary into my head within these 2 weeks.

Please I need advice.

Tell me about it. I would recommend just doing exam-questions and finding your weakness from there. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 5hyl33n
Tell me about it. I would recommend just doing exam-questions and finding your weakness from there. :smile:

Can it be done? Because I don't plan to fail any of my subjects but my head is on the verge of exploding from stress.
Can it be done? Because I don't plan to fail any of my subjects but my head is on the verge of exploding from stress.

Yes, it can be done, you have two weeks which, yes, isn't ideal, but there is still enough time if you plan and use your time wisely/
Reply 4
Original post by Becca216
Yes, it can be done, you have two weeks which, yes, isn't ideal, but there is still enough time if you plan and use your time wisely/

Thank you I really needed to hear that! I don't know how I should go about planning my time wisely and being efficient now that I have one more subject to revise for too

Trust me. I get it. What I’m planning is to do exam questions and then revise the content for only those things I couldn’t answer the exam questions on.
That's really unfortunate about the surprise of having to plan for another exam so soon. I didn't take my modern language subject (French) to AS, but I do remember trying to cram last minute for my GCSE. Of course it really depends on which section (Reading, listening, writing, spoken) of the exam you're sitting.

I don't know if it'll be of as much help but I'd recommend listening to as much German from now to your exam as possible, I'm talking German movies, German pop music, German podcasts, see if you can find maybe a German playlist of vocabulary? You could also record yourself saying sections of vocabulary and listen to it before you go to sleep. Or try making up silly stories with as much of your vocabulary as possible, the sillier the better, so you'll be able to remember that.

Best of luck in your exams and hope this helped. :smile:
Thank you I really needed to hear that! I don't know how I should go about planning my time wisely and being efficient now that I have one more subject to revise for too

I haven't used it in a while but I think the website 'get revising' allows you to put in when your exams are and how long you want to study for them and it will create a timetable for you.
Reply 8
I haven't used it in a while but I think the website 'get revising' allows you to put in when your exams are and how long you want to study for them and it will create a timetable for you.

Thanks I'll check it out tho I defo plan to pull all nighters
Reply 9
Original post by dandelions9
That's really unfortunate about the surprise of having to plan for another exam so soon. I didn't take my modern language subject (French) to AS, but I do remember trying to cram last minute for my GCSE. Of course it really depends on which section (Reading, listening, writing, spoken) of the exam you're sitting.

I don't know if it'll be of as much help but I'd recommend listening to as much German from now to your exam as possible, I'm talking German movies, German pop music, German podcasts, see if you can find maybe a German playlist of vocabulary? You could also record yourself saying sections of vocabulary and listen to it before you go to sleep. Or try making up silly stories with as much of your vocabulary as possible, the sillier the better, so you'll be able to remember that.

Best of luck in your exams and hope this helped. :smile:

Thanks for the advice! Apparently listening to German while sleeping helps? Idc what methods I try
Thanks I'll check it out tho I defo plan to pull all nighters

please remember pulling all nighters is not the most effective method of revision - you can learn more in 8 hours a day for 3 days, rather than 12 hours a day over 2 days, even though it's the same amount of hours
Reply 11
please remember pulling all nighters is not the most effective method of revision - you can learn more in 8 hours a day for 3 days, rather than 12 hours a day over 2 days, even though it's the same amount of hours

Fair point, my problem is that I want to make sure that those 8 hours are spent doing efficient revision but I don't how to go about it without wasting my time rewriting notes

Quick Reply

Latest