The Student Room Group

im addicted to tiktok

Please I'm being serious, I'm addicted.
I've even asked my mum to change my screentime password and I am only allowed 10 mins on tiktok everyday but I stole my dad's phone and downloaded TikTok and have been going on it for hours. I don't know how to stop because I need to get my life sorted out and write my personal statement. I have alot of things to do but I am really confused why I'm so addicted when i know it's bad. This is so sad.

Does anyone please have any serious advice
Reply 1
I suggest you set a timer for half an hour and force yourself to stop the second it hits the timer. You should be able to force yourself to stop, but if you cant, I suggest you do yourself a favor and delete it. Spending hours upon hours of tiktok is not healthy, especially when you are trying to get work done. Remember, you can always download it again, but after your work is all done.
A lot of things created in the entertainment industry these days are made to be addictive, probably because of all the domapine and reward centres etc. Anyway I would recommend just going on it for the 10 mins that your Mum allows on her phone, or not going on it at all. you can find another enjoyable way to relax after you have done your work

In the long run you will feel better doing your work and not wasting time on tiktok. long term gain for short term pain and all that.
Delete the app and build discipline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending