The Student Room Group

My parents hate me

I recently had quite a major falling out with my parents about having a spare phone. For context I am 15 and am still not allowed any social media and when I ask why I get shut down immediately. So I thought that I would try and live life so got my mums old phone and installed tiktok, snapchat ect. When my mum found this phone she lost her mind. Pulled my entire room apart pulled everything off my shelves and pulled my bed apart. It gets even worse when my dad returns from the pub at about 11 and scared the **** out of me. He punched at me and slammed my on my bed. It was all topped off when my mum was screaming at me about how much she hates her and that I ruined her life. I thought that this was only in the heat of the moment then this morning (sunday morning) my mum came in at about 7am and pulled everything off my shelves yet again. She continued to scream about how she hates me and how I ruined everything. And so here I am Sunday afternoon wondering if anyone has any advice. I am seriously considering running away and I have a few places and routes I know I could take.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I recently had quite a major falling out with my parents about having a spare phone. For context I am 15 and am still not allowed any social media and when I ask why I get shut down immediately. So I thought that I would try and live life so got my mums old phone and installed tiktok, snapchat ect. When my mum found this phone she lost her mind. Pulled my entire room apart pulled everything off my shelves and pulled my bed apart. It gets even worse when my dad returns from the pub at about 11 and scared the **** out of me. He punched at me and slammed my on my bed. It was all topped off when my mum was screaming at me about how much she hates her and that I ruined her life. I thought that this was only in the heat of the moment then this morning (sunday morning) my mum came in at about 7am and pulled everything off my shelves yet again. She continued to scream about how she hates me and how I ruined everything. And so here I am Sunday afternoon wondering if anyone has any advice. I am seriously considering running away and I have a few places and routes I know I could take.

whats crazy is this EXACT SAME THING happened to me 2 days ago as well. i was using my old phone and i was on snapchat and on tiktok (im 14 and cant have any social media either). i tried hiding it but my mom pulled my entire room apart and as soon and she found out what i was doing on it she got super ****ed. yelling at me and everything. ever since my dad and my mom havent spoken to me either. they are currently going through my current phone and im scared out of my mind because i have pictures of me and a guy on there that i forgot to delete.

i understand how your feeling but its best not to blame yourselfs in this situation. if you have been using tiktok and snapchat and other apps and you havent been doing anything BAD on it dont blame yourself. your 15 and should be allowed to have social media. i know its annoying and frustrating at times and you just wish you had parents that were better and didnt care about the small things like this but you have to come to terms with THIS is how its going to be. these are your parents and unfornatuley for the both of us they will always be there. i was also considering running away to but i have nowhere to go.

best advice i can give you is just wait it out. if your grounded wait it out. try to make your life a little better. if you typed that paragraph on a computer or some sort watch yt or something whenever your feeling bored or sad. talk to your friends if you want to. honestly dm me and we can talk as well. i completley know and feel what your going through and we will get through it together.

hope your doing ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending