The Student Room Group

Have you ever tried to make money freelance writing?

I am broke right now.
I stumbled upon this guide on how to make money freelance writing: https://salarship.com/guide/freelance-writer/
Is this legit? Is it possible to make money writing articles as a student?
Hi

I recently have written afew articles for some freinds who have set up business mainly surrounding tech and mental health.
The best way to begin is to start guest blogging for charities or mates or even set up your own blog page!

Financially I was writing 2000 word articles two a month for 3 months and got £25 per article. Each took me about 2hrs to write but longer to research. (About an hour research) as the topics required a lot of detail.
Whilst this was a great little side hustle to pay for treats like meals out or clothes, it wouldn’t of covered anything much more!
I think if you can get a lot of articles then do it: but don’t get bogged down by all the articles on top of uni work! You’ll feel stuck to your laptop!

Good luck!

(I’m sure there’s some websites or jobs online as writers too!)
Reply 2
Original post by ClaudiaVan
Hi

I recently have written afew articles for some freinds who have set up business mainly surrounding tech and mental health.
The best way to begin is to start guest blogging for charities or mates or even set up your own blog page!

Financially I was writing 2000 word articles two a month for 3 months and got £25 per article. Each took me about 2hrs to write but longer to research. (About an hour research) as the topics required a lot of detail.
Whilst this was a great little side hustle to pay for treats like meals out or clothes, it wouldn’t of covered anything much more!
I think if you can get a lot of articles then do it: but don’t get bogged down by all the articles on top of uni work! You’ll feel stuck to your laptop!
Good luck!

(I’m sure there’s some websites or jobs online as writers too!)

Thanks, looks like a cool job :wink:
Reply 3
I haven't tried that yet but I know someone who is doing it on the side so that he can have extra money. Recently, it seems that there are more competition in this type of online service as more and more people prefer to work online.
Reply 4
Original post by bladine
I haven't tried that yet but I know someone who is doing it on the side so that he can have extra money. Recently, it seems that there are more competition in this type of online service as more and more people prefer to work online.

Yes, it makes sense, coronavirus implies more people want to work online.

Thank you for the reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending