The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by i.j.
So do they mean we re-apply by UCAS n then they immediately provide us an offer?

That is what happened this year (though don’t think it was immediate!!). People did not have to redo UCAT, nor interview, just achieve the grades of their original offer at resit
Original post by GANFYD
That is what happened this year (though don’t think it was immediate!!). People did not have to redo UCAT, nor interview, just achieve the grades of their original offer at resit

Hiya, this is what happened to me. I applied as normal before the October 15th deadline and received my offer on Track in late November. Luckily didn't have to redo UCAT or interview
How many people have been rejected from Birmingham cos of not reaching the required A levels? Is it quite frequent especially those whose requirements were AAB?
hi is anyone able to confirm if your offer is AAA but you get A*AB it is still accepted?
Original post by heythere5697
hi is anyone able to confirm if your offer is AAA but you get A*AB it is still accepted?

No, for medicine, med schools generally do not accept equivalent points. If they ask for AAA without saying A*AB will be accepted (as Leicester and Liverpool do), then there is no guarantee it will be enough. If they have places spare on results day, and liked you a lot at interview, they may accept the grades, but it is not certain.
Reply 3065
Hi, for the DBS form, do we put a "yes" by the questions "Will you be working with Adults in Regulated Activity?" and "Will you be working with children in Regulated Activity?"
Original post by hk1m
Hi, for the DBS form, do we put a "yes" by the questions "Will you be working with Adults in Regulated Activity?" and "Will you be working with children in Regulated Activity?"

Yes
Original post by Ensoetre
Is this a serious question? Of course 🤣

He's showing off. Someone with those grades would 100% know they could get into UoB lmao
Hey guys I don’t have enough evidence to submit for the DBS check what happens now? I only have 2/3 they need. Does my offer get rescinded?
Reply 3069
Does anyone know if Birmingham will hold our offers if we miss out on our grades on results day and decide to resit
hey, could someone please tell me what the cutoff for Birmingham was if they remember? thank you!
Original post by pepsicola11
hey, could someone please tell me what the cutoff for Birmingham was if they remember? thank you!

They have not published it yet, but it was over 7, I think!
Original post by GANFYD
They have not published it yet, but it was over 7, I think!

thank you
How long does it take for the maintenance loan to come in - I know it is 3-5 days after you enrol - so would this be after the 20th (welcome week) or the 27th (when actual teaching begins)
(edited 2 years ago)
Are we supposed to send a copy of our DBS certificate to admissions? Or send anything?

Latest

Trending

Trending