The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham A101 2021 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carrotsnstix
So why mention August specifically then?

First email said July and August and second one August only. Maybe so we don't expect anything sooner and leave them alone?
Original post by Anastasia Pat
First email said July and August and second one August only. Maybe so we don't expect anything sooner and leave them alone?

I get that they might be getting annoyed by all of us contacting them constantly but come on this is a big part of our lives too it just seems like they're winging it
Original post by Anastasia Pat

Yea you could well be right, it must be a lot of work responding to us all! And tbh I think anything we try to interpret at this point is pure conjecture 😂
This is soooo disappointing.. did they not know a week ago that they were oversubscribed? So now we have to sit tight until August with no clue whether we need to quit our jobs, find accomodation, move cities..
we just have to be patient...yes it is annoying that we have to wait but we have to understand that the uni is doing the best that they can. They wouldn't do this purposely 😂
Anyone had any news?
Original post by sophie254
Anyone had any news?

I guess this is a no - I had another response from Sarb that explained they’d continue to review the list over the next couple of months. I suppose we’re all reliant on @Anastasia Pat to let us know if there’s any movement!
I know it’s almost impossible to know, but does anyone think we’ll get anywhere with this waitlist? This anticipation seems like wasted energy if it doesn’t come to anything!
I’m toying with the idea of retaking the UCAT this summer so at least I’ll have the option of applying to Warwick/perhaps Newcastle next year if needs be. How’s everyone else doing? Be interesting to know if others are feeling the same excruciating trepidation I feel!
I know it’s almost impossible to know, but does anyone think we’ll get anywhere with this waitlist? This anticipation seems like wasted energy if it doesn’t come to anything!
I’m toying with the idea of retaking the UCAT this summer so at least I’ll have the option of applying to Warwick/perhaps Newcastle next year if needs be. How’s everyone else doing? Be interesting to know if others are feeling the same excruciating trepidation I feel!

I guess this decision was easier for me since I was soo far down the waiting list, but I've booked both gamsat and ucat again purely because, I rather not waste a whole year. Especially since from the thread it seems like there may not be much movement in the waiting list. The worst that could happen is that you'll lose a bit of money if you book the exam but don't end up sitting it because you've got an offer/ sat it before you got your offer.
Original post by priyaya
I guess this decision was easier for me since I was soo far down the waiting list, but I've booked both gamsat and ucat again purely because, I rather not waste a whole year. Especially since from the thread it seems like there may not be much movement in the waiting list. The worst that could happen is that you'll lose a bit of money if you book the exam but don't end up sitting it because you've got an offer/ sat it before you got your offer.

I think you can get a refund if you don’t sit and cancel UCAT
Original post by Angiogram1
I think you can get a refund if you don’t sit and cancel UCAT

Thanks for this! I’ve rebooked for early August - so hopefully it’ll be a bit clearer by then

I’ve been trying to think of what scenarios would lead to movement on the waiting list. The initial movement would have been UCAS choices. Is there still chance that people don’t get undergrad results they need? And also slight chance is people changing minds about GEM or going to Uni this year?
Original post by RedStar24
I’ve been trying to think of what scenarios would lead to movement on the waiting list. The initial movement would have been UCAS choices. Is there still chance that people don’t get undergrad results they need? And also slight chance is people changing minds about GEM or going to Uni this year?

Imo I think you should just be patient rather than speculating what could go wrong for offer holders who have worked so hard like all of us to be in this position
Original post by med1920384
Imo I think you should just be patient rather than speculating what could go wrong for offer holders who have worked so hard like all of us to be in this position

I would say it’s more hypothesising than speculating. I wouldn’t wish anything to go wrong for anyone, I was just trying to figure out what situations would lead to movement on the waitlist (if any)!
I would say it’s more hypothesising than speculating. I wouldn’t wish anything to go wrong for anyone, I was just trying to figure out what situations would lead to movement on the waitlist (if any)!

Hypothesising/speculating same difference...
Hypothesising/speculating same difference...

Either way there’s no harm in trying to work out the chances of waitlist movement.
Either way there’s no harm in trying to work out the chances of waitlist movement.

Either way, this is no place for discussing what could potentially go wrong for offer holders; (many of who like me still read this forum) such as not meeting the grade requirements... if you really think about that keep it to yourself
(edited 2 years ago)
Either way, this is no place for discussing what could potentially go wrong for offer holders; (many of who like me still read this forum) such as not meeting the grade requirements... if you really think about that keep it to yourself

It’s not a big deal.. let people speculate/hypothesise, live and let live. It’s not like they are actively sabotaging the chances of offer holders sticking to this course.
Original post by gemuk2021
It’s not a big deal.. let people speculate/hypothesise, live and let live. It’s not like they are actively sabotaging the chances of offer holders sticking to this course.

legit the whole point of this forum is to have open discussion about the situation and for applicants to ask any questions we may have.
Original post by gemuk2021

Thats your opinion, offer holders awaiting their undergrad results won’t want to see waitlist holders eager for a place talking of them not meeting the requirements and losing their place to free up one. If you are okay with this talk maybe you aren’t in this position but there are people that are and it’s important to be considerate and of course hope for a place but theres no need for that discussion
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending