The Student Room Group

Which sixth form should I go to?

I have a choice of going to my schools sixth form or go to a different sixth form which is not attached to a secondary school. I have friends that are going to the one I currently attend, I know the teachers and the school well. However they have a dress code and you wouldn’t get as much freedom as the other one. With the other sixth form it can be a change in environment for me, I will get much more freedom. But I don’t know anyone there and will have to get a bus ride everyday whilst my current school is local, I have also heard bad things about the teaching there. I’m not sure where I should go as I want change but at the same time I don’t if that makes sense.
Reply 1
It depends what you want really. I stayed at my school for sixth form and i loved it and never even considered going anywhere else because i wanted to stay with my friends and tbh i’m not the biggest fan of change, so i kind of couldn’t think of anything worse at that point than having to start fresh. But obviously so many people do it and i can imagine if it’s a sixth form attached to no school it’s probably relatively easy to make friends since there’ll be a lot of ppl from different schools in the area.

Btw we also had a dress code that you had to dress smart but tbh it wasn’t as annoying as you might think, like you just get used to it and don’t even really think about it and it’s still better than having to wear uniform.

Tbh it kind of sounds like the decision that makes sense would be to stay at your school because like you say you know it, it’s local, better teaching possibly. But if actually you really like the idea of change and would prefer a fresh start in some way then maybe it would be better for you to go to the other sixth form. Just think about the pros and cons of each and like eg if you wouldn’t mind getting the bus or if you really don’t want a dress code and then if you still can’t decide just go with your gut.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending