The Student Room Group

Help needed!

I'm in a bit of a fix. I joined my sixth form mid-year (Year One), and when I joined, I was forced to take a 4th A-Level (I'd only done 3 at my previous Sixth Form), which meant I was massively behind, having never done Further Maths. To make things worse, my other 3 A-Levels were all being taught on different boards at this new sixth form, so there was almost no overlap between what I'd learnt in my first six months, and what I had now missed. Even now, in Year 2, despite this setback, I'm being forced to do an EPQ as well, demanding even more of my time.

So, to sum up, I'd essentially started 4 A-Level's from scratch in the middle of the year, at a very competitive sixth form. Also, my secondary school was an oddball in the sense I wasn't forced to do GCSE Physics (so imagine joining sixth form mid-year only then to hear for the first time gravity = 9.8N), which made Mechanics in Maths and Further Maths a complete first for me. Because of this, I'd been missing homework deadlines and 'Response Tasks', because I'd been so preoccupied with going over everything I missed (I did my Mock Further Maths A-Level only finding out what a complex number was a week before. The sixth form offered no support).

But despite this, my school have told me they're refusing to take any of the previously mentioned context into account, and so have predicted me ABB.

I'm now wondering, given that I want to study economics, or do a joint course or finance, what Universities can I actually apply to? What should I do? Is Warwick off the cards now? And is it worth it taking a gap year (I'm feeling confident I'll do a lot better in my actual exams now that I'm in year 2).

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest