The Student Room Group

Where can I publish my research? (Med student)

So the original submission was rejected by a paper. Where else would I be able to submit it to gain FPAS points? Please and thanks.
Original post by Nnahahahah
So the original submission was rejected by a paper. Where else would I be able to submit it to gain FPAS points? Please and thanks.

Rejected by a journal you mean? Why was it rejected?
A different journal, presumably.

Don't you have anyone supervising you on this, or is it entirely your own work?!
Reply 3
Yes a journal.

I did have a supervisor and team but we haven’t spoken in a few months, I’ve moved on to a different hospital too. We didn’t even communicate when the research was rejected..
Yes a journal.

I did have a supervisor and team but we haven’t spoken in a few months, I’ve moved on to a different hospital too. We didn’t even communicate when the research was rejected..

Erm, ok. Were they authors on this work too? Because if you're going to resubmit it they will still need to be authors, and therefore you kind of need their consent for that.

Do they actually know its been rejected?
Reply 5
I’m not sure... I assume so as they were all name authors.
Okay. Do you reckon my supervisor will be happy for me to submit to other journals?
Okay. Do you reckon my supervisor will be happy for me to submit to other journals?

Ask your supervisor? No one here is your supervisor
You need to speak with the person who was leading the research - if that was you then fair enough, go wild. If you did this work under a supervisor also named on the project then I'd go to them and tell them it's been rejected. Sometimes you can rework things and resubmit, sometimes you need to approach a different journal - but you really do need to get the consent of other authors first.

Without asking them? I doubt it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending