The Student Room Group

sixth form enrolment

My daughter received offer from more than 1 school for sixth form . The enrolment day for her school is same day as the results day, however other schools are on the next day. If she enrols at your own school on the day of the GCSE result for sixth form, can you enrol to a better school next day when they are open for external candidates..? How does it work please? Anyone know..
Reply 1
The GCSE results will be available in the morning, mine were around 9am. So if she does choose to enrol at the school with the earlier date then she will already have her results. It is a very busy time if you do choose to try and move schools with lots of phone calls but it is worth it to get a place where you want.

I hope this helps :smile:

Original post by bsanthas
My daughter received offer from more than 1 school for sixth form . The enrolment day for her school is same day as the results day, however other schools are on the next day. If she enrols at your own school on the day of the GCSE result for sixth form, can you enrol to a better school next day when they are open for external candidates..? How does it work please? Anyone know..
Wait so does she want to enrol in her own school or in the other school? Or has she not made a decision yet?
Reply 3
Original post by PetitePanda
Wait so does she want to enrol in her own school or in the other school? Or has she not made a decision yet?

She has conditional offers from couple of other schools, however their enrolment day is on the following day. She prefer to take one of them, however in case the others do not give her a placement then she need to have somewhere to go. So my question was if she does enrol to her current school, and then following day one of the other school offer her a place then can she take it and then contact her school to say she wont be joining?
She has conditional offers from couple of other schools, however their enrolment day is on the following day. She prefer to take one of them, however in case the others do not give her a placement then she need to have somewhere to go. So my question was if she does enrol to her current school, and then following day one of the other school offer her a place then can she take it and then contact her school to say she wont be joining?

I would just to be safe. worse comes to worse is that the school has 1 less student in classes

Contact the school if she could have a day to enrol so she could make a decision? My friend did that with two schools she didnt know where to go

Yes she can

Just email the school after she won’t be wnrolling at the school

Quick Reply

Latest