The Student Room Group

Sixth Form announced its shutting down on GCSE Results day. What now?

My sister got a place at a Sixth Form in the secondary school in which she just finished her GCSEs this summer. Today was GCSE Results day and the school only today announced that they are shutting down their Sixth Form, much to the dismay of scores of other students who were planning to come here.

Everyone is rushing to apply to other schools, but we've missed the enrolment dates for most - given that term starts in a couple of weeks.

What can we do?

[Posted on A-Level topic because it concerns Sixth Form]
Reply 1
Original post by Nikoviking
My sister got a place at a Sixth Form in the secondary school in which she just finished her GCSEs this summer. Today was GCSE Results day and the school only today announced that they are shutting down their Sixth Form, much to the dismay of scores of other students who were planning to come here.

Everyone is rushing to apply to other schools, but we've missed the enrolment dates for most - given that term starts in a couple of weeks.

What can we do?

[Posted on A-Level topic because it concerns Sixth Form]

I recommend emailing around different sixth form and colleges and just explaining the situation even if you get your sisters former form tutor a senior member of staff to confirm this to them im sure some places should be understanding hope you find something !

Quick Reply

Latest