The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

What is student life like at Warwick?

I’ve searched that the SU is like and it doesn’t look too exciting. Is there a Starbucks there? Good food places? I’ve been to multiple unis visiting friends and their SU has a club. Does Warwick have a nightclub on campus?
there isn't a starbucks, I think there was a costa but it's been replaced by a pret. there is a costa (and greggs etc.) at cannon park. (the shopping centre very near to campus)

there's a few places to eat on campus, including the dirty duck, canopy. there's also food markets (I think every other week wednesday) and food vans that come onto campus.

warwick does have a club on campus - copper rooms. does a weekly event called pop and several others around the year.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve searched that the SU is like and it doesn’t look too exciting. Is there a Starbucks there? Good food places? I’ve been to multiple unis visiting friends and their SU has a club. Does Warwick have a nightclub on campus?

I took a foundation year at Warwick and yes there is a Starbucks in the library but its quite the small one so only a limited number of drinks are available. They do have clubs and the sorts like @_gcx mentioned, such as copper rooms. I've never been there since I'm not a club person but I do hear that it's fun.

Honestly, I enjoyed my time at Warwick. It all comes out to who you make friends with and who you share a flat with. Also there are soooooooooo many clubs and societies its insane. Plus there are events at the campus centre every now and then.
I agree with the other replies here, it does depend on who you're friends with and what you're interested in. There are quite a few places to eat on campus or you can take one bus journey to Coventry or Leamington for a meal and an activity like ice-skating, bowling or laser tag.

If you're a clubbing person, there are 3 clubs in Leamington, 1 in Coventry and 1 on campus that have student nights which fill out the entire week apart from Sunday. Obviously with corona, clubbing isn't an option, but we've got a campus bar or you could go Cov/Leam since they should be open.

Also a lot of this comes down to what societies you're involved in because most societies host regular events (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) so being a regular at those makes them quite fun too

Quick Reply

Latest